MasterCard Software Development Engineer in Test in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer in Test
The Track EU, VCN, Spend Controls & Alerts team is looking for a Software Development Engineer in Test to help achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, a Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires a hybrid role with knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
• Assist the Agile team in the continuous validation of web applications,
system to system interfaces and complete software solutions
• Test Automation code development (for API and UI tests) and day-to-day
test monitoring duties
• Generate test data for defined test cases, recognize test environment
preparation needs, and execute existing test plans and report results
• Update existing test plans and automated test scenarios to reflect new
• Participate in project-level reviews, walkthroughs and inspections, and
conduct test reviews, including test plans, requirements, cases and
• Collect quality metric data and communicate test status/risks to
• Work closely with developers to identify code defects or regressions
• Closely adhere to quality standards and assist team members in validating
application functionality through the implementation of test strategies,
frameworks, tools, reports, etc.
• Assist in planning and documenting test strategies and acceptance
criteria based on customer needs
• Participate in requirements review, story elaborations and testing activities
• Design, code, and construct automation tests; escalate issues during
• Provide automation tests for operations teams to use in Ci/Cd automated
• Perform Exploratory testing as required
• Raise process improvement opportunities
• Provide technical support and mentoring to junior team members
• Perform demos of new product functionality to stakeholders
JOB SPECIFIC EXPERIENCES
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative (cf. “Bob Sutton, 2007”).
AngularJS, CSS, CSS 3.0, cross browser compatibility, GWT & HTML.
• Experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based API with Java.
• Experience in code development, code review, and construction
and use of automation frameworks
• Successfully developed high quality test strategies and text execution;
recognized test environment preparation needs
• Experience in Agile testing methodologies and tools, unit and integration
testing, and data virtualization tools
• Basic understanding of validation techniques and Continuous Testing
• Familiarity with UI automation frameworks, tools, and techniques to
validate user interfaces (mobile, portal, web, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology,
Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170858