MasterCard Software Development Engineer II in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Development Engineer II
Be part of the Operations & Technology Fraud Products team developing new capabilities for MasterCard's Decision Management Platform, which serves as the core for multiple business solutions to combat fraud and validate cardholder identity. Our patented Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
• Would you like to develop industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Are you motivated by speeding business solutions to market?
• Do you want to innovate, using cutting edge technologies on challenging business problems?
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software.
• Work closely with technical leads for assigned projects to assist in design and implementation tasks.
• Assist with production support issues by working with subject matter expert to resolve incidents and problem tickets.
• Develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Work with other team members during all phases of the SDLC.
• Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing.
• Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs throughout the SDLC including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Mastercard standards.
All About You
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Experience with Git Actively participate in agile ceremonies including daily scrum, story pointing, story elaboration, and retrospectives.
• Essential Skills:
○ Strong Java development experience with Spring/Hibernate.
○ Working with web services REST/JSON
○ Database experience including Oracle and SQL scripting
○ Experience with Git
• Desirable skills
○ Some experience creating and debugging J2EE REST Web Services and Web Applications
○ Experience with Spring Framework (including Spring Boot) and Maven
○ Experience writing unit tests with Junit and Mockito
○ Experience working with JBoss and/or Apache Tomcat
○ Experience working with cloud based applications
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-146096