MasterCard Software Developer II - Java in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Software Developer II - Java
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
What is Digital Identity?
Everything you need to prove you are you is right in your pocket! Digital Identity is a digital wallet for holding personally identifiable information, such as Driver's License and Passport. Digital Identity ensures you are in control of your information and will only release it upon your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset, and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Java developer for major new initiatives targeting Digital Identity Solutions.
• Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions
• Defines requirements for new applications and customizations, adhering to standards, processes and best practices
• Works closely with architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Estimate and plan new efforts
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Significant Java development skills
• Significant skills and knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, Java 1.8/11.
• Experience working with Junit/Mockito/Spring Test
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Experience managing projects/initiatives as an individual contributor
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Basic security knowledge (TLS, Encryption, hashing)
• At least four year degree in a related field
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with JBehave / Cucumber BDD testing
• Knowledge of Azure and/or PCF
• iOS/Android Development
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-130300