MasterCard Site Reliability Engineer (SRE/DevOps) - Consumer Data Management in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Site Reliability Engineer (SRE/DevOps) - Consumer Data Management
The Mastercard Shared Services group is on a mission to drive adoption and evolve our Consumer Data Management (CDM) Services. These are internally consumed capabilities that are the foundation for Mastercard's product and service offerings globally. We provide a secure, unified source of Consumer PII/PCI data for Mastercard products, while meeting the stringent needs of regulatory requirements. Our reusable API services allow us to manage the Consumers PII/PCI data so that Market facing programs do not need to develop their own solutions and can focus on their core business services and capabilities instead.
The Mastercard CDM team in Dublin is looking for an early career Site Reliability/DevOps Engineer to drive our Consumer Data Management vision and strategy forward. The SRE team within CDM are responsible for pipeline development, change management, site reliability and performance, monitoring & alerting, and supporting emergency response situations. The ideal candidate creates a bridge between development and operations by applying a software engineering mindset to service management. We are seeking an individual who is highly motivated, intellectually curious, and who possesses an entrepreneurial mindset that seeks out opportunities for improvement.
This role involves working with a team of talented SREs/DevOps Engineers to support highly scalable Java based services. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Responsible for pipeline build and maintenance in accordance with
Mastercard tooling and conventions.
• Participate in the software development lifecycle, working closely with the
development team to ensure that designed solutions meet non-functional
requirements such as availability, performance, security and
• Maintain services through monitoring of metrics, system health, and
analysis of reports.
• Provide support for production and in-house systems. Participate in on-
call Production support rota.
• Incident management and conducting post incident reviews and 5-Whys
• Improve process and systems within the Program.
• Experience with CI/CD and Build pipelines using Jenkins.
• Experience in public and private Cloud offerings (PCF, Azure, AWS etc.).
• Knowledge of NoSQL & SQL databases such as Mongo / Oracle/
• Experience and knowledge of managing distributed systems and working
• Familiarity with Unix tooling, with strong scripting skills.
• Exposure to working with Monitoring and Alerting tools such as Splunk,
• Proficiency in one of the following: Python, Java, GO or equivalent.
• Familiarity defining SLO’s and SLA’s
• Prior experience of working in an SRE/DevOps team and excellent understanding of SRE/DevOps principles.
• High degree of initiative and self-motivation, with a willingness to take on
• Excellent communication and relationship building/collaboration skills.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-156061