MasterCard Senior Test Performance Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Test Performance Engineer
"Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Test Engineering within Mastercard is about creating an ecosystem where all delivery teams can achieve time-to-market, quality excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals including core, emerging payments, and value-added services. Unlike similar quality/testing roles in other organizations, Test Engineering positions at Mastercard require a firm knowledge and hands on software development skills on par with software developers to work closely them to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development quality.
This position will be responsible for driving Quality Engineering best practices within Mastercard and working with teams to deliver applications and solutions that meet the needs of our stakeholders, including consumers, merchants, issuers and governments.
The Mastercard Fraud and Security Product team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Performance Engineer. The team provide sophisticated business solutions to authenticate users and combat fraud.
We are seeking a talented highly experience performance engineer to improve application performance and shifting left to include performance assessment in early development cycle.
One of highest volume processing application and good processing speed.
Processing RATE and processing time are key to improve our product
performance and improve customer experience
- Are you passionate about low latency, high volume and highly available
software solution with high resiliency and very stiff KPIs?
• Create Performance Test Plans for MasterCard products
• Perform release and software patch performance testing of Financial JEE
• Execute performance test and analyse performance results
• Provide release-to-release performance baseline metrics to key stakeholders
•Provide application performance recommendations, tuning to development
team and collaborate with various stakeholders to implement performance
changes in Lower environment to production
• Be part of Shift left and performance automation, CI /CD pipeline delivery
• Taking part in Production TRT sessions to resolve performance related issue
• Collaborate with various stake holder to priorities performance activities and
participate in PI planning session to grasp performance key items
• Performance tests creation, tests methodology and tests strategy
• Production pro-active monitoring and data mining to identify key customers
trends and potential performance risk
• Perform JEE Code reviews/code profiling to assure code is adhering to best
performance practices and assist with performance related problem
• Provide consultation/implementation instructions for tuning software for best
performance and make sure the correct performance architecture and
software design patterns are being followed.
We are looking for someone with the following skills to join our growing team
• 5+ year experience in application performance testing and performance
• Experience with performance/load tests tools like Jmeter, Gatling,
• Good working knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming principles
• Good working knowledge of Java (preferred)/ springboot, REST
• Good in writing performance report and recommendation
• Production Performance Analysis and Tuning of JEE products/platforms.
• Tune Apache, WebSeals, JBoss/Websphere application and Linux/Aix servers
for best performance.
• Understand Network latencies, geolocation and bandwidth dependencies
around performance, caching and both front and backend optimization
• Good understanding of load balancing, expiration headers, compression,
• Good understanding of TCP/IP sockets, TCP Slowstart/congestion.
• Good understanding of JEE performance design patterns and anti-patterns
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-116344