MasterCard Senior Systems Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Systems Analyst
Who is Mastercard? All about us
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Mastercard Payment Gateway Services is a payment service provider. We offer merchants around the world an omni-channel payment gateway with integrated services (e.g. fraud risk management, alternative payment methods, currency conversion) while reducing their exposure to pain (chargebacks, PCI-DSS compliance etc.). Using proven modern technologies we deliver challenging and rewarding projects in an open, collaborative environment where each solution demands high-availability, security, and scalability.
We pride ourselves on working hard to deliver projects on time, to a high standard, and doing so without an overtime culture. This is a fast-paced and dynamic team, where individual projects are short & varied, and a close-working approach with product & development teams delivers the right solution.
This is a Senior Systems Analyst role within the Mastercard Payment Gateway Services Analyst team. The role is based in Dublin.
The Analyst team supports the delivery of payment gateway solutions in a fast-paced Scaled Agile environment. We work closely with co-located development teams, and collaboratively with development teams in Edinburgh and Product Management colleagues in London & Edinburgh.
The nature of our projects is centred on payment gateway communication with 3rd parties such as merchants, acquiring banks or other payment services providers. To achieve this, the focus of the systems analysis is within the detail of system interface specs, data mapping and gap analysis. Whilst there are supporting tools available to our customers to facilitate their integration to our products, there tends to be very little UI work involved.
Solid analysis skills are a must for this role, as is a technical understanding and interest.
Working as part of an Agile team, in particular experience of the Product Owner role within an Agile team would be beneficial, as would any experience of Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
Payment gateway experience would be ideal but not essential.
There is no travel requirements with this role, we make good use of Skype & video conferencing.
• Act as the Product Owner for your Agile development team, working closely with internal
Product Managers to understand high level business needs & business requirements, and
representing these back to your Agile team. * Please note this is not a client-facing role.
• Collaborate with your Agile development team(s) and system architects to understand the
impact on gateway systems and agree the optimal functional solution for new product
• Take an active role in the SAFe PI Planning process, preparing features for the planning event
and working through these features with your team to plan their delivery
• Through team backlog grooming sessions and individual elaboration activity, define user
stories that capture the functional requirements identified to meet the agreed solution.
• Take responsibility for the prioritisation of the team backlog and for accepting user stories on
• Produce internal & external-facing supporting documentation using standard templates and
• Key competencies are required in working with internal & external interfaces, with APIs & xml
• Basic competencies in SQL/querying writing are useful but not essential.
• Familiarity with diagrammatical system representations, e.g. sequence diagrams
• Solid analytical skills are essential, i.e. the ability to take high level requirements and drill
these down into detailed functional requirements under your own initiative
• Comfortable working at a detailed level with interface specifications & doing related data
• Ability to work collaboratively with development and business stakeholders within an Agile
• Able to communicate effectively with both business & technical audiences
• Payments experience is a plus but not essential
• Empowerment and accountability
• Thoughtful risk taking
• Committed to deliver on time and to quality
• Willingness to learn and get stuck in
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-91009