MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Would you like to work on a team building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud by providing latest account updates to customers?
• Do you have creative problem solving techniques?
• Are you motivated by the challenge of thinking on your feet in the middle of the action?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Security and Cyber Solutions team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10x faster than you can blink. The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in creating new product functionality within this platform including world-class backend and consumer-facing features.
• Work with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance, high volume Java applications.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software solutions.
• Assist with production support issues by acting as point-of-contact and subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
• Work closely with technical leads, business & system analysts to define features and user stories.
• Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions.
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform.
• Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure best practices.
• Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
All About You
• Proficiency with Java SDK 1.8 or greater.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including SAFe/Agile processes.
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including JBoss, Tomcat, shell scripting, JSON, multi-threading, Maven, Linux, SQL, Pivotal, Kafka and Spring framework tech stack.
• Expertise with Eclipse or IntelliJ and ability to compile, deploy and execute code artifacts.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Experience with cloud software development (PCF, Azure) and development on microservices architecture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills: both verbal and written.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-178154