MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer
Track EU is designed to simplify and automate the exchange of payments-related data between the world’s Buyers and Suppliers, a fundamental part of Mastercard's Commercial Solutions, enabling some of our largest customers to issue Virtual Cards to securely manage and report on Travel, Expense & Supplier transactions. Focused on secure, highly available and innovative solutions, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to work with our cross-functional development teams.
• Proactive Senior Software Development Engineer for a world class distributed agile development team in the commercial virtual payments space.
• Work with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance, high volume Java applications.
• Work closely with technical leads and product management technical to help define features and user stories.
• Contribute to day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and help create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative (cf. “Bob Sutton, 2007”).
• Experienced developer (3-5 years) with strong Java development experience with Spring/Hibernate.
Proven experience building world class solutions on a global scale.
Experience working in an agile environment and actively contributing to discussions at retrospectives/elaboration sessions.
• Strong understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based API with Java.
Knowledge of cloud native development such as cloud foundry, AWS, etc.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• A high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-165082