MasterCard Senior Software Engineer in Test - Open Banking in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer in Test - Open Banking
Senior, Software Engineer in Test (Cloud, microservices)
Enabling the next generation of current account facilities for open, standardized access to account information and payment initiation is the core mission for Open Banking Connect. The opportunity to bring a new ecosystem to life and provide real value to users across the global is both interesting and exciting. Working with cloud native technology and the latest generation of shared components, the program seeks to be a driver of new best practices across Mastercard. We are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced Technical Consultant Software Engineer in Test to join the Open Banking Connect Squad.
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, software engineering excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals to support our Grow - Diversity - Build strategy.
• Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development and architecture quality.
• This will be involved with leading Test Strategy creation, promotion of standard test
tools/beds, BDD practice, early automation, and software deployment & configuration
• Participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high
quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Document test plans and acceptance criteria using Rally.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure
software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for
issues discovered during the testing phase
• Mentor other team members.
All About You
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical
thinking, and solid communication.
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks: Design
patterns, code review and quality checks, Java, Selenium, JBehave, Spring framework, REST,
JSON, GIT, etc.
• Experience testing REST APIs, and Single Page Applications.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with
Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
• Expertise of agile testing methodologies and tools such as Rally.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution.
• Exposure to Continuous integration, Delivery, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Exposure to cloud technologies and testing cloud deployed applications
• Splunk knowledge a plus
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-84930