MasterCard Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Architecture) in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Software Engineer (Cloud Architecture)
Infrastructure Design Services is a team of Technology Architects and Engineers responsible for the analysis and design of the infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with MasterCard's operational standards and principles.
Infrastructure Design Services is engaged from the beginning of the analysis and design phase to work with the application team(s) and other critical teams within Mastercard to ensure that the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with MasterCard’s security, scalability and availability standards.
Infrastructure Design Services' primary deliverable is the TAD (Technical Architecture Document) which details the infrastructure design for the application, platform or system.
This job requires experience in cloud fundamentals related to web servers, application servers, internet security and other internet technologies.
This job actively performs designing and delivering internet infrastructure solutions that satisfy member, product, service and backbone requirements.
• Have you ever worked with Microsoft Azure to design and implement infrastructure from the ground up?
• Can you interface with the user(s), application teams(s), etc., and all other stakeholders in order to determine their (evolving) needs and requirements?
• Can you generate the highest level of system requirements, based on the given requirements and other constraints?
• Can you ensure that this set of high level requirements is consistent, complete, correct, and operationally defined?
• Generating requirements, together with other architects, engineers, application team(s) and user(s), to determine that all of the high level requirements have been met.
• Generating products such as TADs, technical documents, logical flows, and models to keep the user(s), architects and the engineers constantly up to date and in agreement on the application, system or platform to be provided as it is evolving.
• Ensuring that all architectural products and products with architectural input are maintained in the most current state and never allowed to become obsolete.
• Resolve internet architectural and operational problems impacting infrastructure and product availability and performance globally.
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet infrastructure.
• May assume lead and total accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
• Implement, manage and support internet infrastructure components while leveraging current standards and best practices.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
All About You:
• Cloud Operations Architect (A design engineer)
• Cloud Operations DBA
• Cloud Agile Person/Developer (for automation/making things work)
• Storage/Backup Person (One who understands how AWS/GCP/Azure storage works)
• Cross Region specialist (One who understands high availability across regions and what all needs to be done)
• Workload analyzer to minimize costs (Key resource needed to reduce costs)
• Prod Monitoring experience where you need to work with Operations to Monitor Applications deployed in Cloud Env
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-87836