MasterCard Senior Software Engineer (API) – Fraud Platform in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Engineer (API) – Fraud Platform
The Mastercard Fraud Scoring and Analytics Platform team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity to hire a Senior Java Software Engineer. Our team is responsible for designing and developing new capabilities and frameworks on the MasterCard Fraud Management Platform. This platform provides sophisticated business solutions to authenticate users and combat fraud.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organisation that is driving a world beyond cash?
This role involves working with a team of talented developers to develop high performance, high volume, Java based solutions on the Fraud Management Platform. In this role, you will be responsible for:
• Design and implementation of innovative Java based capabilities on the Mastercard Fraud Platform.
• Work as part of a co-located Agile SCRUM team.
• Work closely with Product Owners, Business Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical leads and other developers to define user stories.
• Work Quality Engineers to ensure high quality deliverables. .
• Develop high-quality, scalable and secure software solutions.
• Assist with support issues by troubleshooting incidents and problem tickets.
• Research alternative technical solutions to meet changing business needs.
• Work with project team to meet due dates, while working through emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Produce design documentation in accordance with Mastercard documentation standards.
• Proficiency with Java JDK 8 or greater.
• Knowledge of JBoss, Tomcat, Spring, Spring Boot, Hibernate, RESTful API’s, Shell Scripting, JSON.
• Experience with Linux, SQL, Multi-threading, Message Queuing systems
• Knowledge of distributed systems and messaging queuing systems.
• Experience with Design Patterns
• Expertise in Junit or other automated unit testing frameworks.
• Knowledge of Splunk or other alerting and monitoring solutions.
• Knowledge of CI/CD principles and tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Maven
• Passionate about Agile software development and working with SAFe or SCRUM.
• Knowledge of Business Rules Management Systems.
• Knowledge of Source Control Management and working with code in a multi-developer distributed environment.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written) and strong collaboration skills.
• Show initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging opportunities.
• Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
• Must be driven, highly motivated and a strong team-player.
• Fluency in English.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110270