MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
• Would you like to work on a team building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud by providing latest account updates to customers?
• Do you have creative problem solving techniques?
• Are you motivated by the challenge of thinking on your feet in the middle of the action?
• Are you motivated to be a part of driving a world beyond cash?
Security and Cyber Solutions team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10x faster than you can blink. The Senior Software Engineer will play a critical role in creating new product functionality within this platform including world-class backend and consumer-facing features.
• Work with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance, high volume Java applications.
• Deliver solutions by providing direct development of software solutions.
• Assist with production support issues by acting as point-of-contact and subject matter expert in resolving incidents and problem tickets.
• Work closely with technical leads, business & system analysts to define features and user stories.
• Contribute to the planning and development of software solutions.
• Possess the aptitude to quickly learn and contribute to our complex platform.
• Perform code reviews of co-worker’s deliverables to ensure best practices.
• Provide technical guidance to junior team members.
All About You
• Proficiency with Java SDK 1.8 or greater.
• Deep knowledge of software development processes including SAFe/Agile processes.
• A wide breadth and depth of technical experience including JBoss, Tomcat, shell scripting, JSON, multi-threading, Maven, Linux, SQL, Pivotal, Kafka and Spring framework tech stack.
• Expertise with Eclipse or IntelliJ and ability to compile, deploy and execute code artifacts.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Experience with cloud software development (PCF, Azure) and development on microservices architecture.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills: both verbal and written.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144447