MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
The InControl platform is a fundamental part of Mastercard's Commercial Solutions, enabling some of our largest customers to issue Virtual Cards to securely manage and report on Travel, Expense & Supplier transactions. Focussed on secure, highly available and innovative solutions, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We are seeking a Senior Software Development Engineer to work with our cross-functional development teams within the InControl organization
You will be responsible for programming, testing, implementation, documentation, maintenance and support of systems application software in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices. Responsibilities include the following:
• Develop high quality, secure, scalable software solutions based on technical requirements specifications and design artifacts within expected time and budget.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and future.
• Perform feasibility studies, logic designs, detailed systems flowcharting, analysis of input-output flow, cost and time analysis.
• Work with project team to meet scheduled due dates, while identifying emerging issues and recommending solutions.
• Document software programs per Software Development Best Practices.
• Follow MasterCard Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Support collection and reporting of project and software metrics.
• 3 – 5+ years’ experience in the software engineering field
• Knowledge of common industry standard best programming practices.
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Experience working in a dynamic and collaborative work environment and make independent decisions
• Ability to learn and deploy new technologies as needed.
• Experience in building scalable, maintainable applications
• Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication
• Experience using the Agile Methodology
• Ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project
• Ability to work with cross functional teams
Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
• Java - Minimum 3 - 5 years of exp. working on Java applications
• Understanding of Java Threading model required
• Experience in developing Java multi-threaded applications preferred
• Experience documenting detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams
• Basic knowledge of UNIX and shell scripting
• Familiarity with XML and Java based XML parsers
• Experience with Java performance testing and benchmarking
• Experience in Database Design, strong knowledge of PL/SQL
• Work experience related to financial industry
• Experience using PCF and Spring
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110004