MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer
Responsible for the analysis, design, development and delivery of software solutions. Define requirements for new applications and customization adhering to Mastercard standards, processes and best practices. Develop, customize, and test applications to integrate to Mastercard’s specifications. Provide leadership, mentoring, and technical training to other team members
• Plan, design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Lead day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs) and create solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Accountable for full systems development life cycle including creating high quality requirements documents, use-cases, design and other technical artifacts including but not limited to detailed test strategy/test design, performance benchmarking, release rollout and deployment plans, contingency/back-out plans, feasibility study, cost and time analysis and detailed estimates.
• Perform system maintenance, production incident problem management, identification of root cause, remediation of the problems and on-call pager support schedule. Select appropriate technical frameworks and solution delivery methodology. Adapt to the technical artifact templates per the needs of the project and technology. Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place. Maintain solution and technology road maps.
• Research and evaluate current and upcoming technologies and frameworks.
• Participate in POCs (Proof of Concept) and help the Department with selection of Vendor Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Follow and promote Quality Assurance and Quality Control processes in the department. Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency. Mentor and guide other team members. Ensure adequate test coverage in Unit Testing, System Testing/Integration Testing and Performance Testing. Perform Quality Inspections and Walkthroughs including Requirements Review, Design Review, Code Review and Security Review to ensure compliance with Mastercard standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
Knowledge / Experience:
• 3 to 5 years of experience in related field.
• 3 to 5 years of experience in delivering secure solutions in Financial Services Sector is preferred.
• Broad understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Demonstrate MC Core Competencies.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must provide the necessary skills to have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities and to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140365