MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer - Key Management Portal in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer - Key Management Portal
• The Application Security Program consists of a global Mastercard team that designs, builds, and supports service platforms that provide cryptographic, key management and EMV certificate management functions utilized by global Mastercard application teams.
• Application Security has roadmap plans to re-architect legacy platforms and build new service-oriented platforms that are scalable, highly available, and built with continuous delivery implementations.
• The Senior Engineer will work with the Key Management Portal team. This is a new strategic application which we have designed, built and own end-to-end, which delivers a modern, secure, and usable web-based service for external and internal users to exchange and manage certificates and keys through guided workflows.
All staff at Mastercard are expected to demonstrate 'Mastercard Way' cultural values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers.
As a Senior Engineer at Mastercard, you are expected to carry out the following general duties:
• Participate in team prioritization discussions with Product/Business stakeholders
• Estimate and own delivery tasks (design, dev, test, deployment, configuration, documentation) to meet the business requirements
• Drive code/design/process trade-off discussions within their team when required
• Perform demos/acceptance discussions in interacting with Product owners
• Develop a complete understanding of end-to-end technical architecture and dependency systems
• Drive adoption of technology standards and opinionated frameworks, and review coding, test, and automation work of team members
• Mentor and guide new and less-experienced team members
• Identify opportunities to improve an overall process and trim waste
Within the Application Security Program, you are also responsible for:
• Working at all layers in the technology stack and contributing to architectural discussions
• Initiating and driving collaboration with other teams in Mastercard
• Troubleshooting development and production problems
• Participating in rotational on-call support for escalated issues
All About You
• Expert understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Extensive experience developing secure, web-based applications in Java with Spring
• Experience developing with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis)
• Deep understanding of the importance of test automation and test tooling (e.g. Test Café, Browserstack)
• Knowledge of cloud deployment patterns, tools, and operational best practices (e.g. Cloud Foundry, Dynatrace, Splunk)
• Experience developing frontend solutions with React or other modern frameworks
• Knowledge of secure coding best practices and a security mindset when designing, implementing, code reviewing and testing
• Knowledge of security technologies and infrastructures (PKI, certificates, encryption key algorithms, credit card authorisation flows)
• Expert critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• High-energy, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
• Collaborative, communicative and engaged with team discussions, asking questions, mentoring juniors, and raising standards.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125983