MasterCard Senior Software Development Engineer in Test in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making payment and data transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Open Banking is a worldwide phenomenon, gathering pace over the recent years and set to transform many aspects of retail financial services (as well as many adjacent industries). There are a number of markets already live with various forms of open banking offerings (e.g. EEA markets thanks to PSD2, or US owing to long-standing market driven initiatives). In most other markets, open banking is at earlier stages of development, yet already seeing plenty of attention from established players as well as new entrants.
Mastercard have built an initial suite of Open Banking Solutions and are now in the process of bringing them to market, commercialising and enhancing them, predominantly to date in Europe. See www.mastercard.com/openbanking. Over the last few years we have established a large, cross-functional team that is focusing on product design and delivery.
Enabling the next generation of current account facilities for open, standardized access to account information and payment initiation is the core mission for Open Banking Connect. The opportunity to bring a new ecosystem to life and provide real value to users across the global is both interesting and exciting. Working with cloud native technology and the latest generation of shared components, the program seeks to be a driver of new best practices across Mastercard. We are currently seeking a passionate, collaborative, and experienced Senior Software Engineer in Test to join the Open Banking Connect Squad.
• Quality Engineering team within MasterCard is about creating an ecosystem to build a world beyond waiting for all delivery teams to help achieve time-to-market, software engineering excellence, and higher customer satisfaction within all verticals to support our Grow - Diversity - Build strategy.
• Quality Engineering position at MasterCard requires firm knowledge and hands on software development and architecture skills on par with software developer to work closely with developers to build test automation, test infrastructure, and perform code analysis/review to enable development and architecture quality.
• This will be involved with Test Strategy creation, promotion of standard test tools/beds, BDD practice, early automation, and software deployment & configuration quality.
• Participate in requirements review/story elaborations and testing activities to deliver high quality products and incremental value with every iteration.
• Document test plans and acceptance criteria using Rally.
• Develop test scripts and perform automated and manual exploratory testing to ensure software meets business and security requirements and established practices.
• Defect management and oversight, status reporting and metrics creation, and escalation for issues discovered during the testing phase
• Develop business and product knowledge over time and share such knowledge with other team members.
All About You
• Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with great attention to detail, critical thinking, and solid communication.
• Expertise in software development to build and use automation frameworks: Design patterns, code review and quality checks, Java, Selenium, JBehave, Spring framework, REST, JSON, GIT, etc.
• Experience testing REST APIs, and Single Page Applications.
• Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar).
• Expertise of agile testing methodologies and tools such as Rally.
• Experience in both Unit and Integration testing needs with exposure to data virtualization tools.
• Demonstrated experience developing high quality test strategies and test execution.
• Exposure to Continuous integration, Delivery, and tools such as Chef/Puppet desirable.
• Exposure to cloud technologies and testing cloud deployed applications
• Splunk knowledge a plus
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110410