MasterCard Senior Site Reliability Engineer (BizOps) in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Site Reliability Engineer (BizOps)
Job Description Summary
The Clearing BizOps team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset
In this production Support position, you will:
• Partner with Mastercard Business team to identify business issues, solve problems, and deliver solutions.
• Identify opportunities to improve response times.
• Automate manual activities were feasible.
3- All About You
The ideal candidate for this position should:
• Advanced to intermediate knowledge of Internet operations
• Java/J2EE, any relevant Database knowledge such as Oracle, MySQL etc and Cloud Engineering basic skill set.
• Ability to identify and drive automation initiatives using any relevant tool set such as CHEF, Jenkins etc.
• Intermediate to basic knowledge for Payments Domain.
• Ability to analyse and look for root cause and arrive at appropriate solutions
• ITSM knowledge for Change, Incident, Service Request and Problem management.
• A self starter and proven ability of production execution in a high paced mission critical environments.
• Demonstrate ability to work independently in a production environment with focus on critical outcomes for business support.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-150404