MasterCard Senior Network Architect / Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Network Architect / Engineer
The Network Engineering team responsibilities include:
• Developing new and modifying existing network platform capabilities to support business processes by mapping network platform/infrastructure components, identifying dependencies across systems/platforms and managing network infrastructure security, availability, recoverability, performance, integrity, and supportability
• Configuring and maintaining Mastercard’s global network which includes Datacenter, Customer, and Corporate networks.
• The team is also responsible for maintaining the global network standards, complying with audit, and deployment of new technologies to fit business needs.
Purpose of the position includes:
• Developing target Network architectures to support business strategies, including creating blueprints, standards, and roadmaps for platform and infrastructure components
• Assessing current state Network technology solutions and developing new concepts and designs to develop a fully documented enterprise business architecture
• Work on implementing Network designs deriving from the low-level architecture documents.
• Work on standard Network maintenance activities
Best Fit for the role:
• Have you ever developed Network architecture standards to implement new or existing technology solutions?
• Have you ever designed Network solutions to meet business needs?
• Have you ever implemented any new technologies that were already designed?
• Have you ever performed detailed problem analysis and troubleshooting? Have you lead the effort to solve the problem collaboratively?
• Have you ever worked with a cross-functional team to deploy a network routing and switching solution per the delivery requirements on a global scale?
• Have you ever had to work with an acquired company to merge networks and applications?
• Ability to develop architecture standards
• Implement solutions designed to merge acquired companies with the Mastercard network.
• Engineering and implementation of complex network solutions in a variety of disciplines.
• Ability to implement the architectural standards for Customer specific, Datacenter specific, or Corporate office specific use-cases.
• Working on automation tools to support the Continuous Integration / Continuous Development (CI/CD) movement.
• Provide fourth level support to the Operations Command Center; investigation, troubleshooting and resolving network communications and operations problems impacting customer, backbone access, or performance on a global basis
• Provide support to the wider Engineering or Implementation teams
All About You
• Network engineering expertise with exposure to two or more of the following areas: LAN/WAN, firewalls, VOIP, QoS, Routing and Switching technologies while adhering to standard design methodologies and best practices
• Mastery of TCP/IP protocol communications, addressing & subnetting, knowledgeable with IPV6 addressing
• Firewall experience: Checkpoint as well as Palo Alto.
• Knowledge of Cisco’s product portfolio; routers, switches.
• Knowledge of Aruba product portfolio; switches, ClearPass, APs.
• Knowledge of Prisma Global Protect solution
• Extensive knowledge of Network protocols, and disciplines, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, VPN, SSH, and MPLS technologies.
• Knowledge of security and encryption technologies including IPSEC & GRE tunnels on routers and firewalls.
• Cisco certifications such as CCNA.
• Familiarity with scripting tools such as Python.
Desirable or additional capabilities:
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, and excellent customer support capabilities
• Self-motivated demonstrating strong organizational and listening skills; and very detail oriented with the ability to carry out assigned tasks with minimal supervision
• Ability to consistently act in a professional manner and communicate with all levels of the organization, both internally and externally
• Methodical problem resolving skills.
• Implementation of Cisco ACI.
• Understanding of Arista spine-leaf technologies is good to have.
• Understanding of AWS and Azure cloud solutions is good to have.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent combination of education and experience
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-140705