MasterCard Senior Interaction Designer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Interaction Designer
Job Description Summary
We are looking for an experienced CX Designer passionate about the possibilities of data and data-driven experience design with good knowledge and experience of User Interface Design to join our rapidly growing, highly-innovative data and services Product Development team
You will work as part of wider cross-functional team, collectively contributing to the rapid iteration of Prototypes and MVPs (Minimal Viable Product), mainly in the B2B and B2B2C arenas. Each design iteration is exposed to end-users at each cycle of our rapid design-test-redesign process, to ensure optimum user traction. Prototype and MVP outputs include dashboards; widgets; chatbots; web applications; mobile applications; VUI voice interfaces; digital assistants; etc. – all in service of solving complex business challenges.
• Design of Proof-of-Concepts and Minimum Viable Data Products (MVPs) using human-centric design principles and rapid prototyping (Lean UX and Design Thinking)
• Participate in "Design Thinking" workshops – collaborating cross-functionally with industry verticals, regional leads and end-users to ensure optimal digital data products
• Explore the “art-of-the-possible”
• Leverage existing – and contribute net new – design patterns to Mastercard’s design pattern library
• Help define the next generation of data and data-driven products – and through doing so, help shape the future of Mastercard and its growth
• Work on future state conceptual designs, driving experimentation that improves the quality of product design overall.
• Work closely with key partners from brand & marketing, to drive delightful and highly usable transactional experiences.
• Work closely with our technology teams, leveraging modern presentation layer practices such as adaptive/responsive web and current and forward thinking technologies.
• Ensure that designs deliver an appropriate balance of optimizing business objectives & user engagement, in close partnership with product managers.
• Liaise with regional and country teams to ensure that designs are reflective of the diversity of needs for a global user base.
Required Experience / Knowledge / Skills (Core)
• Experience developing User Personas and user journeys to inform product design decisions
• Experience in rapid prototyping (Lean UX and Design Thinking)
• Experience in the implementation of creative, useable and compelling visual mockups and prototypes.
• Experience of design-experiences across multiple media
• Experience using prototyping/wireframing tools such as Figma, Sketch, Adobe Experience Design, Adobe Illustrator etc.
• An understanding of complex information architectures for digital applications
''Nice to have'' additional experience
• Visual Design
• UX Research
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-143570