MasterCard Senior Information Security Operations Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Information Security Operations Analyst
• Identity Access Management teams are responsible for end to end providing services to support internal employees and external customers capabilities to retrieve physical and logical access to Mastercard systems and applications.
• The Identity Access Governance team within Corporate Security is laser focused on automating access using behavior analytics tools, executing on access strategy to be an enabler to the business, while creating and fostering a robust security controls environment
• The purpose of this job is to identify ways to leverage the access data to answer important business questions.
• This would include automating access using behavior analytics & governance tools, understanding of end to end provisioning of access across enterprise platforms, and innovating techniques to use and communicate data in new and more effective ways to influencing how access should be granted to users.
• Are you a self-starter with good communication skills that can interact with individuals at all levels of the company?
• How have you taken vast volume of data and determined a new way for its use?
• Give an example of when you have thought outside of the box to solve a problem?
• What experience do you bring to the table that will drive this team to the next level?
• What is your experience in managing risk and understanding security controls?
• Proactively reviews access data to provide recommendations to automate access for an organization, division, or team within the enterprise, as directed
• Identifies inappropriate access privileges, through analysis, partner with impacted users, and lead proper remediation efforts
• Identifies automation opportunities to deliver smarter and easier identity access management services to support “access as an enabler” strategy
• Complies with documented processes and provide feedback for improvements
• Leads voice of the customer efforts to understand the business needs from regional business leaders for continuous improvement
• Partners with Business Operations team on technology enhancements to access governance & behavior analytics systems
• Coaches junior level employees on access management and security best practices
• Partners with other peers in the Identity Access Management organization to ensure governance processes are in place, enabling access to the business with least privileges
• Researches new methodologies to improve security within the identity access management space
All About You
• Intermediate skills in Information Security
• Intermediate strategic thoughtful risk taking experience
• Intermediate analytical skills working with large amounts of data and identifying outliers
• Intermediate skills of multifactor authentication (SecureID and Authenticator)
• Intermediate skills of working with Azure to onboard applications for SSO
• Intermediate skills of identity access management pillars such as, but not limited to roles, entitlements, access certifications, and segregation of duties rules
• Beginner to Intermediate experience in regulatory compliance (PCI, GLBA, SOX)
• Intermediate technical background (Windows, UNIX, databases) and basic network fundamentals
• Intermediate skills in provisioning to platforms (Windows, UNIX, Mainframe, databases)
• Experience with role mining & data analysis / working with large distributed data sets
• Excellent organization, problem solving, and communication skills
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-178914