MasterCard Senior DevOps Support Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior DevOps Support Engineer
The role of the Builder Enablement Support Team is to be a steward and advocate for the automation platforms we support. This is accomplished by ensuring operational criteria like system availability, capacity and performance monitoring are implemented throughout the service delivery process.
We lead organizational transformation through supporting daily operations with a hyper focus on automation service uptime and root cause analysis, with an understanding of the business impact our products have. The goal is to proactively manage production and change activities to maximize internal customer experience, and increase the overall value of our automation platforms. The Builder Tools Support Team also has a focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an overarching responsibility for risk mitigation across the environments.
Our goal is streamlining and standardizing automation platform support activities, and centralizing points of interaction for internal partners, by communicating effectively with all key stakeholders. Ultimately, the role of the Builder Enablement Program is to help align internal customer focused priorities with the technology capability our automation tools provide.
• Engage in and improve the lifecycle of the automation platform services we support—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Support ITSM activities, including ticket resolution, change assessment and implementation, incident resolution and root cause analysis for the platform and remediate gaps or resiliency concerns.
• Support automation platform services by engagement with performing design, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain automation services by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
• Support program services including but not limited to Jenkins, Artifactory, Git/Bitbucket, Chef, Salt, Bamboo.
• Scale and evolve systems performance by implementing changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the CI/CD pipeline used for promoting software into higher environments.
• Lead Mastercard in automation tooling and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a production event through the various technology stacks that make up the platform, to optimize mean time to recover.
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies and time zones.
• Share knowledge and mentor less experienced team members.
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with Jenkins, Artifactory, Git/Bitbucket/Stash or similar toolsets.
• Experience in one of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
• An advanced knowledge and understanding of computer technology and problem resolution.
• Internal and external customer support experience.
• Working knowledge of ITIL standards and specifically ticket management.
• Ability to multi task workloads in a fast pace dynamic environment.
• Professionalism and a good work ethic are required.
• Able to perform on-call duties on a rotational basis.
• Occasional off-hours work required.
• Interest in supporting large-scale distributed systems.
• Systematic problem-solving approach.
• Strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to debug and optimize processes.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138775