MasterCard Senior Dev Ops Engineer, Crypto in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior Dev Ops Engineer, Crypto
CipherTrace, a Mastercard company, is a rapidly growing leader in cryptocurrency intelligence and compliance. Our team has introduced novel solutions to challenges including sanctions compliance for DeFi and the Crypto Travel Rule. Our mission is to grow the blockchain economy by making crypto safe for users and trusted by governments. CipherTrace operates on a global scale to assist banks, cryptocurrency exchanges, law enforcement agencies, regulators, VASPs, and businesses in preventing fraud, human trafficking, money laundering, and other illicit activity where cryptocurrency is involved.
The ideal candidate should be a passionate, self-motivated, team player with experience working in a quickly evolving environment and who has a willingness to work and learn in a collaborative organization.
• Build the next-generation cryptocurrency tools, law enforcement tools, and
• Enable engineering teams to deploy product features.
• Help engineers troubleshoot technical issues.
• Design and maintain automation tools for engineering operations.
• Develop and maintain CI/CD frameworks.
• Build highly scalable distributed systems on cloud platforms like AWS.
• Make deployments and upgrades in a controlled production environment.
• Work to secure the infrastructure and codebase.
• Perform penetration tests and internal security audits.
• Design and maintain tools for SIEM platforms.
• Learn about new attack vectors and how to mitigate them.
• Design, maintain and secure Openid Connect based IAM systems.
• Extensive experience in Kubernetes administration, deployments, networking,
• Experience in securing, monitoring, and instrumentation of containerized
• Containerization of services and container-based design patterns.
• Building, maintaining, and securing cloud environments like AWS.
• Extensive experience with administering and monitoring Linux-based
• Configuring and tuning Apache Kafka/Zookeeper.
• Infrastructure as code tools like Terraform and Cloud Formation.
• At least one of the following languages: Go, Bash scripting, protobuf.
• Database administration like Postgres, Cassandra, NoSQL.
• Degree in Computer Science or related field.
Nice to have
• Experience with cryptocurrencies and blockchain technologies.
• Good spoken communication and presentation skills.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
In the US, Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170492