MasterCard Senior BizOps Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Senior BizOps Engineer
The BizOps team is looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can help us solve problems, build our CI/CD pipeline and lead Mastercard in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Are you a born problem solver who loves to figure out how something works?
• Are you a CI/CD geek who loves all things automation?
• Do you have a low tolerance for manual work and look to automate
everything you can?
Business Operations is leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard
through our tooling and by being an advocate for change & standards
throughout the development, quality, release, and product organizations. We
need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the boundaries
of what can be done with automation. Experience in working across
development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and to build
relationships is a must.
The role of business operations is to be the production readiness steward for
the platform. This is accomplished by closely partnering with developers to
design, build, implement, and support technology services. A business
operations engineer will ensure operational criteria like system availability,
capacity, performance, monitoring, self-healing, and deployment automation
are implemented throughout the delivery process. Business Operations plays
a key role in leading the DevOps transformation at Mastercard through our
tooling and by being an advocate for change and standards throughout the
development, quality, release, and product organizations.
We accomplish this transformation through supporting daily operations with
a hyper focus on triage and then root cause by understanding the business
impact of our products. The goal of every biz ops team is to shift left to be
more proactive and upfront in the development process, and to proactively
manage production and change activities to maximize customer experience,
and increase the overall value of supported applications. Biz Ops teams also
focus on risk management by tying all our activities together with an
overarching responsibility for compliance and risk mitigation across all our
environments. A biz ops focus is also on streamlining and standardizing
traditional application specific support activities and centralizing points of
interaction for both internal and external partners by communicating
effectively with all key stakeholders.
Ultimately, the role of biz ops is to align Product and Customer Focused
priorities with Operational needs. We regularly review our run state not only
from an internal perspective, but also understanding and providing the
feedback loop to our development partners on how we can improve the
customer experience of our applications.
• Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and
design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
• Analyze ITSM activities of the platform and provide feedback loop to
development teams on operational gaps or resiliency concerns
• Support services before they go live through activities such as system design
consulting, capacity planning and launch reviews.
• Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability,
latency and overall system health.
• Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve
systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
• Support the application CI/CD pipeline for promoting software into higher
environments through validation and operational gating, and lead Mastercard
in DevOps automation and best practices.
• Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
• Take a holistic approach to problem solving, by connecting the dots during a
production event thru the various technology stack that makes up the
platform, to optimize mean time to recover
• Work with a global team spread across tech hubs in multiple geographies
and time zones
• Share knowledge and mentor junior resources
• BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding
(e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
• Experience with algorithms, data structures, scripting, pipeline management,
and software design.
• Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication
skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
• Ability to help debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
• We support many different stakeholders. Experience in dealing with difficult
situations and making decisions with a sense of urgency is needed.
• Experience in one or more of the following is preferred: C, C++, Java, Python,
Go, Perl or Ruby.
• Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed
• We need team members with an appetite for change and pushing the
boundaries of what can be done with automation. Experience in working
across development, operations, and product teams to prioritize needs and
to build relationships is a must.
• Experience in industry standard CI/CD tools like Git/BitBucket, Jenkins,
Maven, Artifactory, and Chef. Experience designing and implementing an
effective and efficient CI/CD flow that gets code from dev to prod with high
quality and minimal manual effort is desired.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144554