MasterCard Security Engineering Operations Manager in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Security Engineering Operations Manager
Mastercard is looking for an Operations Manager to join our Security Engineering team in Dublin. This role will be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the team's processes and procedures, and mature our ability to deliver consistently to our internal stakeholders.
The ideal person will understand how to define and manage successful processes for a global team. They will be aware of software development and solutions design, and understand the steps to achieve successful release of secure products. They will work closely with both managers and engineers to enhance and improve the quality of service.
• Assign, manage, and report on projects from the supported business owners
• Develop automated reports to manage team processes including demand management, capacity planning and ticket resolution
• Deliver a quality service by maturing the security engineering team, improving consistency and allowing scalability.
• Ensure required business as usual processes are completed on time and within stated SLA’s
• Knowledge of information security principles, theories and concepts
• Communicate project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate.
• Write documentation and create presentations as required
All About You
• The ideal candidate can bridge operations management or analysis, with technical awareness
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure.
• Must be able to work in an independent environment as well as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team and take on challenging opportunities
• Be a strong, confident, and exacting writer and speaker, able to communicate your vision and roadmap effectively to a wide variety of stakeholders
• Be skilled at explaining and presenting technical problems succinctly and clearly to senior management
• Superior analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to identify key issues, structure analysis and synthesize large amounts of data, and provide recommendations effectively
• Well organized to delivery successfully, demonstrates how work is getting done, and managing reliable work processes for a quality service.
• Ability to drive consistent and repeatable results.
• Industry recognized security certifications desired.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-138952