MasterCard Scrum Master in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Scrum Master– Job Description
• Leads scrum/kanban ceremonies for assigned teams
• Works across teams to organize and accelerate delivery, ensuring all teams are delivering in a coordinated manner
• Tracks and manages release integration, timing, scope, priority, and delivery
• Provides ongoing updates (with data) on the state of delivery
• Proactively manages all dependencies, ensuring all outputs are production ready at launch
• Plan, execute, and deliver projects from inception to completion related to a known technology, product, or program. Describes and maintains the integrated plan that accounts for internal/external dependencies, differing delivery approaches, numerous constraints, and contingency for unplanned delays
• Secures resources, scopes efforts, outlines priorities and establishes delivery milestones
• Proactively manage the end-to-end delivery of engineering work through the organization and all dependent organizations, reporting out progress, ensuring dependencies are covered, overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery. Accelerates progress by driving crisp, timely decisions
• Looked to as first point of contact for projects. Can communicate with confidence 3+ levels up. Is the source of truth for status. Transforms raw thoughts into clear and concise communications. Provides right information and associated data about the state of the project to the right audience at the right time. Runs effective meetings
• Has experience in and understands industry technologies. Understands their program, product, or O&T domain. Sufficient depth/credibility to be effective with teams they work with. Can competently represent team’s services to stakeholders and other teams. May need to bring developers or SMEs to meetings to talk details
• Program strategy defined. Delivers independently but will occasionally seek direction from peers/managers
• Nurtures good working relationships with engineers, managers, and peers
• Optimizes previously defined approaches for a team or limited area. Can demonstrate improvements using data. Utilizes department mechanisms (i.e. retrospectives, staff meetings, status meetings) to describe and drive continuous improvements
• Take the time to fully learn the functionality, architecture, dependencies, and runtime properties of the systems involved with your projects. This includes the business requirements and associated use cases, Mastercard customer's experience, Mastercard's back office systems, the technical stack (application/service architecture), interfaces and associated data flows, dependent applications/services, runtime operations (i.e. trouble management/associated support strategies), and maintenance.
• Understand the business context and the associated customer use cases
• Understand your team's technologies and are able to evaluate system designs and architecture as you participate in solution discussions
• Recognize discordant views and take part in constructive dialog to resolve them
• Verbal and written communication is clear and concise
• Improve team processes that accelerate delivery, drive innovation, lower costs, and improve quality
• Proficient with scrum delivery
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-141752