MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships, and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Builders’ Enablement Team in Mastercard’s Architecture & Technology division empowers 6000+ Engineers around the globe. This team leads the way to deliver a great developer experience and enables engineers to deliver innovative payment solutions for hundreds of millions of customers. We do this by building and operating a holistic set of services and tooling focusing on:
· Application Frameworks & Bootstrapping
· Standard CI/CD Pipelines, Developer Tooling & Environments
· Cloud agnostic Declarative provisioning of infrastructure and application resources
Our services enable engineers to focus on delivering business value from ideation to market. The ideal candidate will help Mastercard developers efficiently build, test, and deliver secure, quality code. Builders Enablement is reshaping the future of development tooling at Mastercard and we are looking for passionate Software Engineers like you to help us deliver on our commitments.
In this role you will:
• Work on complex and engaging enterprise-wide technology-driven challenges that will have a meaningful impact on Mastercard and its development community
• Drive the delivery of best-of-breed architecture patterns, solutions, and engineering practices
• Lead by example with hands-on approaches to demonstrate engineering excellence
• Mentor and guide software engineers and lead the team to improve engineering productivity, quality, and technology policy compliance
• Actively engage with business/product owners to plan, architect, and deliver new services, products, and bundles
• Take ownership to improve the customer experience of an entire set of services/applications sold as products or bundled services
• Advocate for Mastercard Engineering Principles, development standards, and Corporate Security guidelines
• Apply judgment and experience to balance trade-offs between competing interests
• Consult across teams and across program lines to identify synergies and reuse opportunities
• Engage in organization-wide and public speaking engagements and publish white papers and blogs on relevant and emerging technical topics
• Actively assist with hiring engineering talent and raising the performance bar
• Exercise your expertise and domain knowledge as the Architectural lead for the design, development, and adoption of state-of-the-art technology solutions in support of Mastercard's growing Software Development Community
• You will contribute as a Principal Architect across multiple initiatives to deliver an efficient and secure SDLC in Mastercard from the initial ideation to production deployment
• Play a key role in shaping the future of software development in Builders Enablement and across Mastercard
• Actively participate as a member of the Software Engineering Guild sharing your knowledge, best practices, ideas, and passion for technology
All About You
• A passionate and experienced Architect with deep domain knowledge and expertise in one or more of the following areas:
o Software Engineering – API's, frameworks
o Cloud Engineering
• A proven track history in leading the design and execution of the software delivery process automation across multiple business domains
• A deep understanding of AWS and/or Azure Cloud platforms with applied expertise in automated operations and securing Cloud for production workloads, ideally in regulated environments
• Demonstrates advanced skill in containerization and associated technologies and can guide others in its mainstream adoption in Mastercard
• Guides engineering teams on automation/configuration management, deployment strategy, and logging and monitoring practices for high availability; leverages DevSecOps experiences and applies best practices to guide developers and abstract application development from underlying hosting platforms and infrastructure
• Provides guidance across the enterprise on industry best practices and tools; applies expertise of scalable and resilient architecture patterns and design to oversee the automation infrastructure, develop a strategic roadmap, and identify areas to improve upon scalability and sustainability
• Enthusiastically engages engineers across Technology organizations to promote standard software patterns and reuse of common libraries and services with experience leading open-source development efforts
• Leads by example in establishing enterprise-wide standards for application integration and identifies/ anticipates future requirements to support business needs
• Champions performance engineering practices to ensure that performance meets (or exceeds) expectations; educates stakeholders on performance testing processes, methodology, performance and scalability metrics, capacity modeling techniques, and testing approaches
• Understands software development productivity metrics (e.g., code churn, commit size, commits/story) and help teams to remove blockers and continuously improve code velocity, quality, and release frequency
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161693