MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
Mastercard API Platform is a global group within Mastercard dedicated to the publishing of high quality API services, and creation of new innovative Open APIs in the Fintech and digital space.
• Design, develop and implement technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Identify opportunity in developing Mastercard’s next generation API platform, develop new solutions in the Open API space, leveraging & bundling Mastercard’s vast array of existing services
• Perform Proofs of Concepts (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies as per the needs of the organization.
• Provide recommendation to Senior Management and lead on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope the opportunities, identify risks, benefits and constraints
• Creative with an interest in bundling services in new ways to create new capabilities
• Develop documentation templates and enforce development of documentation throughout the lifecycle of the solution.
• Represent team in the information security and audit policies
• Liaise with other technology and commercial teams to execute.
• Provide SME experience for day-to-day system development and maintenance activities of the team.
• Mentor and guide other team members during all phases of the SDLC
All About You
• Strong Java and object-oriented design and development skills
• Knowledge of React, Node.js, NPM or Webpack will be an advantage
• Proven track record of leading, designing and delivering scalable software projects
• Passionate about delivering APIs and SDKs that are intuitive and make Developers lives easier
• Must be highly proficient in multiple programming languages
• Proven track record in Server or Web application development - multiple examples of solutions deployed where you were a lead expert developer or a key architect
• Experience in building commerce/payment applications will be an advantage
• You strive to create highly intuitive and responsive products.
• You care about the technical architecture and design - ensuring that the solution is flexibly designed and performs efficiently
• Expert understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Proactive and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
• Highly driven with a ‘can do’ attitude yet a structured and pragmatic approach to execution
• Highly skilled in verbal and written communication skills with ability to precisely articulate problem space/opportunity
• Keen to embrace Mastercard’s values on decency and excited to bring ‘whole self’ to work everyday
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-145856