MasterCard Principal Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Software Engineer
The Mastercard Disputes Program team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Development Engineer. The team provide a suite of dispute resolution services that uses the Mastercard Network to help expedite the resolution of cardholder disputes and reduce the amount of paper required to resolve disputes (Mastercom).
Mastercom provides many benefits, including the following:
• Speed—accelerated processing of dispute initiation and document management through a
• Security—helps safeguard file transfers through mastercardconnect.com data security
• Archive—provides current and historical access to files and dispute documentation
• Convenience—allows users to research, create claims, submit chargebacks/retrieval/case
filing, view and download all evidential documentation, any time, from any location, as
often as needed.
• Access—provides virtual access to multiples users regardless of their location.
• Paperless—processing allows users to save and export documents electronically to local
The person will be responsible for delivering high quality code, driving engineering excellence, ensuring code delivery aligns with architectural direction and act as the technical advisor to the management team.
The ideal candidate will have deep technical expertise that covers both software development and an understanding of distributed and in memory systems. This will be evidenced from a track record of delivering highly scalable, resilient, secure and maintainable code in a low latency high availability environment. They will understand how to create a culture of effective code and design reviews that raise the bar for all engineers.
Ideally they will have a strong knowledge of performance engineering
The person will enjoy helping engineers build world class systems and diving deep into technical design, systems engineering and troubleshooting complex environments.
The role will encompass API and UI development; expertise in both of these is required.
• Deep understanding of the full technology stack, including
o In memory grids
o High volume traffic management (load balancers, CDNs, reverse proxies)
o UI frameworks
o Design patterns
o Data structures
o Cloud infrastructure
o Networking and OS fundamentals
• Keen interest in the customer journey and business use cases end to end
• Willingness to get involved in legacy and new systems
• Ability to make data driven and customer driven decisions
• Ability to drive architectural change which balances technical and business priorities
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence
• Ability to navigate a complex global organization
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction
• Hands on Experience with Agile and related methodologies.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths. Masters highly preferred
• 7+ years of engineering experience
• Strong understanding of software best practices
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179183