MasterCard Principal, Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal, Software Development Engineer
Mastercard is a world leading payments and technology company with the aspiration to help reshape the digital economy so everyone can realize their ambitions. Technology is our product, and we pride ourselves in using the latest technologies to create secure, customer centric experiences.
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principle Software Development Engineer
We demonstrate Mastercard values every day - own it, simplify it, sense of urgency, thoughtful risk-taking, unlock potential, and be inclusive – with a relentless focus on our customers. As a Principle, SDE at MasterCard spearheads the architecture or framework implementations. Participate in the Software Development Life Cycle through Coaching, Proof of Concepts, Code reviews etc. and influence development practices so that they are compliant with best practices, policies and procedures. Skilled at implementing new technologies, frameworks and tools and supporting multiple concurrent activities you will be responsible to:
• Work on complex enterprise-wide initiatives spanning multiple services/programs and drives resolution
• Collaborate with product ownership to identify gaps in capabilities, set direction and prioritize work
• Contribute and lead Software Guild initiatives to improve the craftmanship of Software Engineering
• Drive the architectural design, including dependent services, service interactions, and policies
• Venture beyond comfort zone to take on assignments across different areas of Software Engineering
• Take on organization-wide and public speaking engagements and publishes white papers and blogs on relevant and emerging technical topics
• Consult across teams and across program lines to identify synergies and reuse opportunities
• Write recommendations for job promotions based on an unbiased view of one's accomplishments
• Conduct technical interviews for hiring engineering staff and raising the performance bar
• Successfully lead definition, development, and delivery of major cross-department initiatives with broad scope and long-term business implications. Make presentations to the Senior Management, Business Owners and other Stakeholders and help them in decision making process.
• Perform Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization. Provide recommendation to Senior Management on selection of technologies and strategic technical direction for the department.
• Lead implementation of processes and supporting tools per the evolving needs of the organization. Identifying process gaps, provide estimates for business solutions, define the initial scope/requirements of the project, and manage the scope during the lifecycle of the project.
• Provide integration design and guidance to business partners for external party (merger or vendor) integrations with the rewards platform, ensuring security policies are properly enforced and technological due diligence is performed.
• Instruct and guide the team to ensure that appropriate processes and documentation is in use by the team. Ensure compliance to the defined standards. Actively look for opportunities to modify and enhance standards per the needs of the department.
All about you
• Advanced experience with multiple object-oriented languages and/or functional languages
• Advanced knowledge of Cloud platforms including Azure and AWS
• Advanced understanding of HTTP and building RESTful Web Services
• Extensive understanding of and experience with Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies.
• Proven ability to embody MC Leadership Principles.
• Proven capacity to lead and influence matrix-based project team members and work as a member of a diverse and geographically distributed team.
• Experience integrating systems within a service-oriented architecture and e-commerce platforms.
• Knowledge of design and security patterns coupled with an ability to persuade and assist in development. The applicant must have experience integrating technologies with SAML and OAuth tokens.
• Experience developing, designing, and operating global systems supporting multiple languages and currencies.
• Experience implementing complicated projects and systems using agile methodologies.
• Design and database scripting for RDBMS/NoSQL.
• Design and development of enterprise web services using both SOAP and REST.
• Experience in optimizing code for performance and responsiveness
• Batchelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
• 5+ years of Software development experience using Java, REST API, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Jenkins, Spring and GIT
• Advanced knowledge of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies
• Detail-oriented, proactive and able to function under pressure in an independent environment along with a high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration skills
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-142523