MasterCard Principal Platform Architect in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Principal Platform Architect
• The Application Security Program consists of a global Mastercard team that designs, builds and supports service platforms that provide cryptographic, key management and EMV certificate management functions utilized by global Mastercard application teams.
• Application Security has roadmap plans to re-architect legacy platforms and build new service-oriented platforms that are scalable, highly available, and built with continuous delivery implementations.
• The Principal will work as Platform Architect within the Application Security team and will be responsible for the architecture and design of new platforms, as well as collaborate on the future roadmap of solutions and enhancements.
• Proven ability to architect and design complex security solutions that are enterprise grade – highly available, resilient, scalable and “always on”
• Experience designing for existing and new enterprise shared security services in the Cloud environment
• Technical leadership of software development engineering feature teams located globally including mentoring resources in junior level and technical lead roles within the feature teams
• Technical oversight for complex development tasks, including the ability to perform code reviews and complex code development
• Provide escalated technical support for issues to the software development engineering and operations teams for all owned shared security services platforms
• Drive the creation and maintenance of the strategic technical roadmaps for all owned shared security service platforms
• Ability to quickly learn and understand current platforms and environments to effectively architect and design new replacement solutions that meet business and technical requirements
• Experience designing and implementing security solutions with industry standard cryptographic algorithms - knowing where, how, when to apply them
• Ability to partner and collaborate with other team architects on solution designs
• Ability to work independently and self-directed
• Ability to jump in and help with development tasks as needed. It’s important to be both a leader and a contributor.
All About You
• Service Oriented Architecture and Processes - Expert
• Architecture and Design methodology - Expert
• Java/Spring - Expert
• Relational Database (RDBMS) Design - Expert
• Expert problem solving and analytical skills
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Detailed-oriented and solid attention to detail
• Experienced technical leader for software engineering teams
• C++ - Experienced
• Microsoft SQL Server - Experienced.
• NoSQL database design – MongoDB
• Cloud technology - Pivotal Cloud Foundry
• Knowledgeable in security concepts including cryptography, key management and certificate management – PKCS#11, X.509, PKI, EMV
• Experience integrating with Hardware Security Modules (HSM) to implement cryptographic operations
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-127821