MasterCard Manager/SCRUM Master, Software Engineering - Fraud Platform in Dublin, Ireland
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Manager/SCRUM Master, Software Engineering - Fraud Platform
The Mastercard Fraud Platform team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity to hire a Software Development Manager to help grow a newly established team that will be working on designing and developing new capabilities on the MasterCard Fraud Management Platform. The Fraud Platform provides sophisticated business solutions to authenticate users and combat fraud.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organisation that is driving a world beyond cash?
We are seeking an experienced and energetic Software Development Manager/SCRUM Master to provide leadership and Agile direction to deliver mission critical Fraud Platform solutions within the Cyber and Intelligence Solutions group in Mastercard. We are committed to bringing passion and a customer focus to everything we do.
The ideal candidate will be technically proficient with strong experience leading software development teams. They will have full software lifecycle experience and a strong track record of delivery – from initial concept and design, to implementation and ultimately production.
As a member of the Software Development leadership team, you will be passionate about building a world class engineering team that enjoy what they do. A strong focus on quality is a must, as is seeking out and driving continuous improvements.
As a software development manager, you will be responsible for solution delivery. You will be confident in advising the wider project team on matters of design, enhancements, optimisation and implementation, while being commercially aware and able to make sound judgement calls.
• Provide technical leadership and direction to software development teams in the
development of Fraud Platform enhancements.
• Successfully lead definition, development and delivery of major initiatives in an Agile
software development environment.
• Partner with Business and Product Owners to prioritize enhancements and drive strategic
• Responsible for planning, developing, and executing projects to meet business needs.
• Ability to apply the SAFe Agile methodology to ensure the seamless delivery of software to
• Set up and facilitate SCRUM, Iteration planning, End of Iteration demos, retrospective
meetings and other Agile ceremonies for the team.
• Manage and report Agile metrics for the team.
• Advocate Agile excellence and efficient work practices on the team.
• Understand the systems scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of
each team member, in order to effectively lead the project team and ensure that business
needs are met.
• Ensure timely and accurate communication with project staff and key stakeholders
throughout the life cycle of the project.
• Identify process gaps and suggest and implement improvements.
• Drive culture of continuous improvement on the team.
• Develop business cases in alignment with the MasterCard objectives.
• Ensure development effort is adequately staffed.
• Ensure that staff are adequately trained and career development plans are in place.
• Ensure staff have appropriate skills and behaviors.
• Provide ongoing feedback and coaching to enable a high-performing team.
• Ensure that production support coverage is provided for the team’s area of technical
• 5-8 years of software development experience including some management experience
(including coaching for high performance and conducting formal performance reviews)
• Experience as SCRUM Master preferable.
• In-depth knowledge of Agile project planning techniques and automated project planning and
• Passion for working in an Agile software development environment and encouraging a
culture of team continuous improvement
• Must be driven, highly motivated, a strong team player with the ability to motivate others.
• Show a high degree of initiative and demonstrate a willingness to take on challenging
• Strong understanding of software best practices.
• Ability to work well with people and be both highly motivated and motivating.
• Strong mentoring and coaching skills.
• Ability to represent the technical organization and evangelize the work to senior leadership.
• Be a champion of engineering and operational excellence: ensure organisational metrics for
measurement of engineering and performance excellence are met.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Experience in development of distributed/scalable systems and high-volume transaction
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of the payments industry an advantage.
• BS in computer science or related field.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-79066