MasterCard Manager, Software Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Software Engineering
Manager, Software Development Engineering (Commercial Solutions)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Commercial Solutions team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Manager of Software Development to help further grow our organization by enabling teams to enhance and modernize our Commercial business-to-business (B2B) digital payments services. This position will be key to growing a global B2B technology platform, operating at-scale, requiring focus on performance, security, and reliability.
As Manager, Software Development Engineering you will manage scrum teams building commercial Java-based, distributed, highly available applications.
• Take a product initiative from requirements to production
• Lead and guide an agile teams of scrum masters, business analysts, developers and testers to deliver software that meets business objectives
• Oversee effective development and delivery of software solutions
• Collaborate with the Product Owners, Business/Tech Operations, and other stakeholders
• Drive positive change within systems/process to optimally deliver on commitments
• Drive agile best practices amongst the teams
• Drive your team’s capability and performance through coaching, mentoring, performance feedback and career development
• Communication of status/progress to product teams/customers/senior management
• Contribute to the knowledge of the software development guild
All About You
• Experience with managing development teams in a multi-team environment, and experience with remote management
• Experience with applying Scrum or SAFe Agile in a product development environment where high levels of performance, reliability and security are essential
• Great communicator with proven experience in collaborating with business stakeholders
• Payments and fintech experience will be an advantage when it comes to compliance requirements such as PCI DSS
• Experience with the following technologies is a distinct advantage:
• RESTful APIs
• RDBMS such as Oracle and Postgres
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-181397