MasterCard Manager, Product Experience Design in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Experience Design
About the role:
• Do you want to be part of a team of designers and researchers working on cutting edge digital products for Mastercard?
• Do you want to be a part of a fast-paced collaborative environment working across multiple geographies?
• Do you want to create new experiences that shape the future of payments and financial services at a global scale?
We are looking for a brilliant and passionate senior experience designer to join our Global CX & Design team at Mastercard. The CX & Design team are a global multi-disciplinary team of designers, researchers and strategists, whose goal is to create and scale differentiated and innovative experiences that fuel Mastercard’s business.
The team are located in New York, Dublin, London and Sydney and partner closely with Product Management and Engineering to deliver best-in-class
products that drive value and business results for our customers and the end-consumer.
You will be responsible for:
• Identifying critical moments and opportunities across end-to-end product journeys that will better address customer needs and differentiate experiences
• Facilitating stakeholders’ understanding of the journey and collaborating with the team to identify which product or feature level opportunities yield the biggest customer impact
• Leveraging product data and market research to identify opportunities for both new products and existing feature improvements
• Defining the right problems to solve through ongoing research in partnership with the Research and Product Management teams
• Ensuring that design concepts fully explore multiple options, and that appropriate testing is conducted to determine the best solution
• Guiding the team in the creation of the product vision, providing expansive perspective and influencing stakeholder decisions through hypothesis testing and competitive research
• Crafting engaging experiences that drive adoption and use in-market through thoughtful and usable interaction, content and visual design
• Creating experience prototypes to evaluate product and end-customer assumptions
• Leading junior designers to ensure new features are elaborated upon in a way that balances user and business needs. Ensure new feature designs are tested and iterated when appropriate
• Localizing solutions to specific regions, as needed. This may include design, researching what is appropriate in each country, researching what competitors do in similar scenarios, in order to make thoroughly considered design decisions
All about you:
• You are an experienced designer, who carefully considers how the customer will interact with the product, from overall journey level right down to the smallest details
• You create impactful, desirable and usable experiences and have proven ability to apply and balance core design elements - typography, space, colour, hierarchy, navigation, photography, illustration and iconography
• You can expertly use creative tools such as Sketch, InVision, Figma or Adobe XD.
• You practice Design Thinking and can demonstrate success in bringing products to market using this methodology
• You have strong awareness of common interaction patterns and know when and how to apply
• You have previously worked on complex projects in large business settings
• You have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your creative process as well as showcasing completed design solutions
• You endorse an inclusive, people-centric and data-focused design mentality, and understand the role of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies
• You’re a critical thinker who questions the status quo and strives for improvement
• You have strong presentation skills with the ability to influence direction
• You have proven ability to deliver solutions and maintain utmost standards of quality
• You are a strong collaborator with experience partnering with ux writers/content designers, researchers, engineers, and product owners
Desirable but not essential:
• You may have some experience as a people manager
• You may have previous branding, illustration or animation experience
• You may have contributed to the creation of design systems
We understand that you may not have all the criteria on this list. If you believe you have relevant experience and the capability to fulfill this role, we strongly encourage you to apply.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-161096