MasterCard Manager, Product Development in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Manager, Product Development
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
MasterCard Advisors is helping shape the future of Services by leveraging data from billions of anonymized, aggregated transactions to help financial institutions, merchants, media, and governments manage & grow their businesses effectively leveraging analytics & Insights, Consulting, Loyalty and Managed services
The Product Development team is charged to develop future products and solutions focused on Insights, Loyalty & Managed services by enabling project management excellence framework delivering great business value and user experience leveraging cutting edge technology
Manager, New Product Management, Data & Services
As a Product Manager, you will manage the development of one or several analytic products serving a wide breadth of industries, by partnering with engineers and consultants to develop innovative analytic solutions to complex business problems. Our Product Managers are involved and engaged in the entire feature life cycle. This includes working with UX Designers to create mockups, collaborating with engineers on feature release, and partnering with sales and marketing to communicate the value of our products to potential clients.
Join a fast-growing team
As a Product Manager, you will:
• Drive the evolution of Data & Services products/platform with an impact on all aspects of product development, from defining strategy to product design and cultivating usage
• Lead the discovery phase of new features. What business problems are users trying to tackle? How are they doing that today, both in our software and externally? What are their biggest pain points with that process, and how can we design a product which best helps them?
• Partner with roles across the organization including consultants, engineering, and sales to determine the highest priority problems to solve
• Evaluate trade-offs between many possible solutions to a problem, taking into account usability, technical feasibility, client timelines, and differing stakeholder opinions to make a decision
• Break large features into smaller, releasable milestones to collect data and feedback from users as early as possible
• Evangelize releases to users, incorporating feedback, and tracking usage to inform future development
• Work with small, cross-functional engineering teams to define vision, establish team culture and processes, and create functional requirements and designs
Ideal Candidate Qualifications
• Prior experience in a product management role is a plus
• Curiosity, creativity, and excitement for technology and innovation
• Demonstrated quantitative and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
• Motivation, flexibility, self-direction, and desire to thrive on small project teams
• Outstanding communication and organizational skills
• Superior academic record at a leading national university
• Coding experience, while an asset, is in no way required for our day to day work
• Strong English written and verbal communication skills
Mastercard is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. Applicants will be considered and treated without regard to gender, gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disabled status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-181641