MasterCard Lead Technical Program Manager in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Technical Program Manager
• Responsible for planning, execution, and delivery, from inception to completion, for an existing technology product or program
• Proactively manages the end-to-end delivery of engineering work though the engineering team and all dependent organizations
• Reports on progress, ensuring dependencies are covered
• Operates between teams and architectures overseeing the gaps between teams, processes, and systems, while removing all blocking issues leading to a successful delivery
• Plan and manage a group of related technology projects or activities in a coordinated way from inception through successful delivery
• Deep understanding of the design approaches and technologies utilized in your area
• Focus on the customer experience, the build and delivery processes and the problems to be solved
• Work across multiple scrum teams (may be cross-cutting across products, scrum teams, and/or technologies or work may be vertically focused on a single product or feature set)
• Align dependent organizations and remove/mitigate all blocking issues
• Work directly with external to the organization or external to Mastercard technology providers and customers
• Work with limited guidance, seeking guidance as needed because the product and delivery strategy is defined. The design is not.
• Deep understanding of the business and technical requirements for the solutions being built
• Understand the needs of the engineers and technical operations teams who have to build, maintain, and operate the system for the life of the system
• Recognize complex designs and propose simplified solutions by working with software design engineers, principals and TPMs
• Help customers and the engineering teams make trade-off decisions by considering all of the data including business goals, technical platform strategy, customer experience and maintainability. You identify blocking issues and manage their resolution.
• Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels
• Write documentation as required
• Partner with industry vendors that provide technology or user experience design components that support our architecture and work with vendors on our implementation plans and roadmaps identifying partnership opportunities to increase our development velocity and our learnings
• Communicate role up of project issues and status in a concise, accurate, and professional manner for senior leadership consumption, escalating blocking issues when appropriate
• Communicate progress, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, identify, assess, track and mitigate issues/risks at multiple levels
• Work across teams to optimize processes
• Regularly review metrics and proactively seek out new and improved data/mechanisms for visibility ensuring your program stays aligned with organization objectives"
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-114110