MasterCard Lead Systems Platform Engineer, Service Delivery in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Systems Platform Engineer, Service Delivery
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Service Delivery is a team of Systems Platform Engineers responsible for the analysis, design and build of the application infrastructure framework to fit the application, platform or system needs in-line with MasterCard's operational standards and principles.
Service Delivery’s Systems Platform Engineers are engaged from the beginning of the design phase to work with the development teams and other critical teams within Mastercard to ensure that the completed infrastructure and application architecture aligns with MasterCard’s security, scalability and availability standards.
Systems Platform Engineers primary deliverable are the designing, building, supporting and troubleshooting of Java Run time environments and infrastructure. They produce infrastructure solutions that align with Mastercard standards to satisfy customer products and services.
• Design, build, support, troubleshoot & develop technical application infrastructure solutions to meet business requirements in adherence with MasterCard standards, processes and best practices and with a high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market
• Participate in Proof of Concepts and help the Department with selection of Vendor
• Solutions, Technologies, Methodologies and Frameworks.
• Perform problem diagnosis; performance tuning; capacity planning and configuration management for MasterCard internet components.
• Assure system stability and future compatibility by monitoring production execution of all relevant systems.
• Design high availability strategies and implement automation to ensure service availability.
• Performs lead role in reviewing vendor proposals and making recommendations
• Research and evaluate new technology for possible deployment in MasterCard’s internet infrastructure.
• Leads complex initiatives and projects and have accountability for ongoing regional projects as assigned; including responsibility for planning; time and cost control; resource utilization and implementation.
All About You
The successful candidate would have the following strengths:
• Systematic knowledge and understanding of network, operating system principles and web middleware.
• Knowledge in one or more core functions related to web infrastructure design and/or implementation.
• Must be high-energy, proactive, detail-oriented and able to function under pressure in an independent environment.
• Must have a high degree of initiative and self-motivation and demonstrate the ability to drive results.
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written and strong relationship and collaborative skills and organizational skills with the ability to work as a member of matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Strong willingness and ability to learn and take on challenging opportunities is critical.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact email@example.com and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-125486