MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Mastercard Payment Networks team is looking for a Lead Software Development Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
• Work as a Service Architect to deliver end-to-end product development for Switching Solutions
• Full Stack Development using Microservices, Messaging/Event Driven Frameworks, CICD on a Cloud Native environment (Pivotal Cloud Foundry)
• Develop UI applications as per program needs
• Ensure benchmarks are met on quality, performance, info security and other NFRs
• Guide and mentor teams effectively as per needs. Train developers on the technologies needed.
• Communicate effectively and coordinate with various global groups in MasterCard to ensure success of the projects, including Business Owners, Product Owners, Enterprise Architecture teams, Other product teams etc.
• Lead various initiatives for improving automation, defect metrics and overall quality. Conduct various Proofs-of-concept as per technological and business needs
• Take responsibility for deciding the relevant tools, technologies and patterns that need to be implemented for the service
All About You
• A strong hands-on technologist with very strong Object-Oriented Design and clean programming skills using the Java language and the SOLID design principles aimed at creating re-usable, scalable components
• Strong experience in building UI applications with React or Angular
• Strong experience in Data modeling, Data aggregation and building Real Time Visualizations
• Passionate about emerging technologies and trends, especially Event Driven Architecture and modern caching/persistence mechanisms
• Strong experience in Product Development using Digital Native Architecture, Spring Boot framework and Cloud technology (preferably Pivotal Cloud Foundry) in an Agile (SAFe) Development Environment
• Ability to analyze, conceptualize and create cutting edge technical solutions based on the business needs
• Extensive experience in the development of online, real time application features
• Result Oriented Professional
• Strong communication and stakeholder management skills involving Business Owners, Architecture teams, Development/Test teams, Vendors etc. Ability to guide teams on technology.
• Coordination and organization skills and the ability to work with multiple stakeholders and vendors across locations to ensure success of the project.
• Strong understanding, inclination, and experience of working in an Agile (SaFe) environment
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices.
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-155368