MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
The Account Management Services team develops new capabilities for Mastercard's fraud prevention platform. We protect cardholders / card issuers and aim to eradicate credit card fraud. Our industry-leading platform processes billions of transactions per month with execution times literally 10X faster than you can blink. To enable us to uphold the high standard of these fraud and security applications we are looking for out-of-the-box thinkers to play a critical role in the upkeep and continual health of these products.
The Lead Software Engineer in Test role will ensure these products continue to meet the high expectations from our customers by notably improving existing functionality, updating stale or outdated functions, proactively adding scalability while continuing to add enhanced value to these products.
• Would you like to work on a team that is building industry leading solutions for fighting fraud?
• Do you want to learn cutting edge technologies and help solve complex business problems?
• Do you have creative problem-solving techniques?
• Are you motivated to be a part of an organization that is driving a world beyond cash?
· Work with a talented team of developers and test engineers to develop high performance, high volume Java fraud management applications
· This position will be responsible for delivering of Quality Engineering services (Code quality, Testing Services, Performance Engineering, Testing and Environment automation, Development Collaboration, Continuous Integration)
· Extensive understanding of BDD/TDD practices, code review and analysis techniques, and open source agile testing frameworks.
· Author automated test suites with code, front end GUI automation and API testing
· Perform ad hoc / exploratory testing methodically to ensure system is working as expected by end user
· Comprehend user stories to understand task items per story in the context of all levels of testing (unit, functional, integration, and regression)
· Participate in the process to continually enhance best practices for quality assurance
· Interacts with technology staff including Test Engineers, Operations, Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product management, and Program management to identify scope of project/s and deliver services.
· Drive adoption of development services (Test Engineering, Performance Engineering, Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Collaboration) among various delivery teams.
All About You
· Strong Java coding experience
· Use of JUnit/TestNG or SPOCK frameworks
· Experience in Testing Web services, Web UI, APIs
· Ability to create good acceptance and integration test automation scripts and integrate with Continuous integration (Jenkins) and code coverage tools (Sonar, Clover)
· Passionate about code quality and coding best practices.
· Good knowledge of Linux / Unix
· Sound knowledge of Java, Spring, Junit or TestNG, Eclipse/ Intellij IDE, Rest Assured, Jbehave/Cucumber frameworks, Databases, APIs (REST/SOAP), Continuous Delivery concepts and tools such as Jenkins/Bamboo, vulnerability tools such as Sonar, Checkmarx/Fortify, etc.
· Excellent technical acumen and ability to learn new software quickly
· Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure in an independent environment.
· Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaborative skills and organizational skills.
Experience with Groovy or Spock framework would be a distinct advantage
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
Every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security. All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and therefore, it is expected that the successful candidate for this position must:
• Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
• Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
• Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
• Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-144507