MasterCard Lead Software Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer
You will work as part of a development team within our Security Innovation program. If you want to be part of team building software to prevent crypto fraud and working on cutting edge technology, then this is the job for you.
• Develop applications using Java/J2EE technologies.
• Excellent communication skills with strong Agile knowledge.
• Development of Java based applications using Spring boot, React and Micro-Services architecture.
• Be able to work with Business/Systems Analysts and Quality Engineers in a behavioural driven development environment.
• Strong knowledge of all types of data storage techniques, Hadoop, Snowflake, Mongo.
• The ideal candidate should have experience of developing Microservices in a Cloud based environment.
All About You
• Experience in working on large production systems with high transaction volumes.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and be able to proactively work to prevent a problem.
• Excellent communication and documentation skills.
• Experience working with continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Jenkins, Chef, Cruise Control etc.
• Experience working with code coverage and health reporting tools such as Sonar.
• Complete code reviews and mentor peers and more junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web based platforms.
• Web Services – REST/XML.
• J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & WebSphere.
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Spring.
• Cloud Development Experience – PCF, AWS, Azure.
• Proven experience developing Microservices.
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications.
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system.
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-180238