MasterCard Lead Software Engineer - Front-end in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Engineer - Front-end
The InControl for Commercial Payments platform is a fundamental part of Mastercard's Commercial Solutions, enabling some of our largest customers to issue Virtual Cards to securely manage and report on Travel, Expense & Supplier transactions. Focused on secure, highly available and innovative solutions, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base. We are seeking a Technical Software Development Lead for our Front-ends to work with our cross-functional development teams within the Virtual Cards, Spend Controls & Alerts program organization.
• Build and deliver complex, accessible and performant Front-end applications, frameworks, tools, and research alternative technical solutions as per changing business needs.
• Lead major Front-end/UI projects and complex assignments with broad scope and long-term business implications, including leading the technical migration of current tech-stack to Angular.
• Contribute to day to day Front-end/UI development and maintenance activities of the team.
• Work with product leaders, architects and wider UX/CX teams to establish objectives and prioritize tasks for engineering team.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within platform UI domain.
• Mentor, coach and assist project team members, as well as provide Front-end engineering guidance and training across platform Scrum teams.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
• Proven experience building world class solutions on a global scale.
• Front-end engineer with strong client-side development/architecture experience
• Experience developing accessible UIs with expert understanding of WCAG best practices
• Experience delivering secure, maintainable, scalable and complex Front-end/UI application solutions in a related field.
• Motivated to ensure quality test coverage, not just passing coverage metrics
• Experience with responsive/adaptive design, as well as debugging of cross-browser compatibility issues
• Experience working with RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Knowledge of using cloud native development such as PCF, AWS, etc.
• Working Knowledge of tools like Sonar, Checkmarx, Dynatrace, GIT, ALM, Jenkins.
• Understanding of Web/Application servers like Websphere 8, Apache Tomcat.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-176370