MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
Track EU team is designed to simplify and automate the exchange of payments-related data between the world’s Buyers and Suppliers, a fundamental part of Mastercard's Commercial Solutions, enabling some of our largest customers to issue Virtual Cards to securely manage and report on Travel, Expense & Supplier transactions. Focused on secure, highly available and innovative solutions, this dynamic team is responsible for end-to-end solutions for a diverse global customer base.
We are seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer to work with our cross-functional development teams.
• Proactive Lead Software Development Engineer for a world class distributed agile
development team in the commercial virtual payments space.
• Work with a team of talented engineers to develop high performance, high volume Java
• Work closely with technical leads and product management technical to help define features
and user stories.
• Contribute to day to day system development and maintenance activities of the team to meet
service level agreements (SLAs) and help create solutions with high level of innovation, cost
effectiveness, high quality and faster time to market.
• Provide technical training to the other team members.
• Actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative (cf. “Bob Sutton, 2007”).
• Experienced developer with strong Java development experience with Spring/Hibernate
• Proven experience building world class solutions on a global scale.
• Experience working in an agile environment and actively contributing to discussions at
• Strong understanding of Software Engineering Concepts and Methodologies is required.
• Solid experience with RESTful APIs and JSON/SOAP based API with Java.
• Knowledge of cloud native development such as cloud foundry, AWS, etc.
• Must be high-energy, detail-oriented, proactive and have the ability to function under pressure
in an independent environment.
• A high degree of initiative and self-motivation to drive results.
• Possesses strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship,
collaborative skills and organizational skills.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or
Engineering or equivalent work experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-170605