MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
As part of an exciting, fast paced environment developing digital identity and security solutions in the mobile and e-commerce space, this position will provide technical expertise within the development lifecycle for new products and services.
Digital Identity: Everything you need to prove you are you is right in your pocket! Digital Identity is a digital wallet for holding personally identifiable information, such as Driver's License and Passport. Digital Identity ensures you are in control of your information and will only release it upon your consent. Digital Identity is an important asset, and Mastercard ID Service helps to keep it in your control.
• Are you interested in re-defining how MasterCard does digital identity today?
• Have you ever brought a product to market on a global scale?
• Are you motivated to stay on cutting edge of technology?
About the Role
• Architect and provide technical leadership for major new initiatives targeting authentication.
• Analyze and design authentication strategy, roadmaps and solution architectures for new and existing business opportunities.
• Provide technical leadership, and mentor other technical resources.
• Work closely with other architects, developers, analysts, and project managers as well as business partners / product managers and other MasterCard technology teams.
• Deliver innovative, cost effective technology solutions which align to enterprise architecture standards and achieve business requirements.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy
• Estimate and plan new efforts
• Provide technical leadership and support to our business partners specific to emerging authentication technologies and standards
• Establish technical requirements for authentication certification programs
All About You
The ideal candidate would have the following skills:
• Knowledge of advanced authentication techniques on mobile and web-based platforms
• Web Services – REST/JSON– Advanced Level
• J2EE Web Application/Web Services with JBoss & Tomcat
• Advanced Java development skills
• Advanced skills and knowledge of Hibernate, Spring, Java 1.8/11
• Ability to innovate and develop new approaches to complex design problems
• Ability to architect and provide technical leadership to large and complex systems
• Experience with a variety of architectural patterns including high performance, high availability transaction processing systems and multi-tiered web applications
• Experience integrating vendor and open source products into an overall system
• Experience specifying hardware/software requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts
• Self-motivated with the ability to accomplish tasks with minimal direction
• Experience coaching and mentoring junior and senior team members
• Experience researching, evaluating, and integrating tools and 3rd party products
• Experience leading product demonstrations to technical and non-technical stakeholders
The ideal candidate may also possess some of these secondary skills:
• Experience with NoSQL databases
• Experience with JBehave / Cucumber BDD testing
• Experience with mobile development (iOS or Android)
• Experience with Cloud Foundry / Pivotal Cloud Foundry / Azure / AWS
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-111165