MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
The Account Management Services program delivers capabilities within Mastercard's Cyber & Intelligence Solutions organization. Our solution serves a key part in combating fraud and enabling a frictionless payment experience. Our Java-based platform processes billions of transactions per month in tens of milliseconds using a multi-tiered, message-oriented approach for high performance and availability.
We are seeking a Lead Software Development Engineer to work with our cross-functional development teams providing technical leadership expertise within the development life-cycle for new products and services.
• Lead day to day system development creating solutions with high level of innovation, cost effectiveness, quality and fast time to market.
• Contribute to the overall strategy and manage complex issues within functional area of expertise.
• Develop overall strategic technical plan and create architecture solutions and proposals.
• Lead maintenance and Production support activities of the team to meet service level agreements (SLAs)
• Mentor, coach and assist project team members. Provide technical training to the team. Assist with selection of technical resources for projects.
• Research, create and evaluate technical solution alternatives for the business needs current and future.
• Collaborate with business and technical partners to identify and scope opportunities, identify risks, benefits and constraints.
• Contribute ideas to help ensure that required standards and processes are in place and actively look for opportunities to enhance standards and improve process efficiency.
All About You
• Considerate, polite, fun-loving, collaborative (cf. “Bob Sutton, 2007”).
• Experience in delivering secure, maintainable, scalable and complex application solutions in a SAFe/Agile process.
• Full Stack developer with strong Java development/architecture experience. (Java SDK 1.8 or greater)
• Experience documenting detailed designs with class and sequence diagrams.
• Experience with responsive design, working with RESTful APIs and JSON.
• Ability to debug server-side API calls.
• Understanding of Web/Application servers Apache Tomcat
• Knowledge of Linux/Unix and security standards.
• Knowledge/experience using cloud native development such as PCF, Azure, etc.
• Experience in Spring framework, Maven, Kafka, Database Design, SQL.
• Working Knowledge of tools like Sonar, Dynatrace, GIT, ALM, CI (Jenkins)/CD, Splunk.
• Strong communication skills -- both verbal and written – and strong relationship, collaboration and organizational skills.
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources.
• Ability to deal with pressure situation without compromising the processes.
• Result oriented, self-driven and go-getter abilities.
• Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology, Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-166832