MasterCard Lead Software Development Engineer in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion at https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Software Development Engineer
The Mastercard Disputes Program team in Dublin have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Software Development Engineer. The team provide a suite of dispute resolution services that uses the Mastercard Network to help expedite the resolution of cardholder disputes and reduce the amount of paper required to resolve disputes (Mastercom).
Mastercom provides many benefits, including the following:
• Speed—accelerated processing of dispute initiation and document management through a
• Security—helps safeguard file transfers through mastercardconnect.com data security
• Archive—provides current and historical access to files and dispute documentation
• Convenience—allows users to research, create claims, submit chargebacks/retrieval/case
filing, view and download all evidential documentation, any time, from any location, as
often as needed.
• Access—provides virtual access to multiples users regardless of their location.
• Paperless—processing allows users to save and export documents electronically to local
• Analyze requirements, work closely with platform architects to assist in architecting solutions, and create detailed designs. As recognized subject matter expert, lead planning, design and implementation of all technical solutions. Partner with other necessary teams to create solution definition and architecture.
• Deliver solutions by providing day-to-day technical leadership for other developers as well as providing direct development of software using Agile and SAFe Methodologies
• Mentor other technical resources and assisting in evaluating candidates for new positions. Applies technical capabilities within own discipline to coach and develop junior employees
• Provides input into performance appraisal process for some junior employees or team members
• This position is closely aligned with technology management and the candidate is expected to have a strong technical background in application design, development and operational areas.
• Provide technical oversight of vendors and their strategy.
• Coordinate development of new systems and / or applications projects.
• Coordinate modifications of existing systems or applications or changes in current methods or techniques.
• Coordinate project performance with other departments.
• Define project objectives and oversee quality control throughout project life cycle.
• Experience specifying hardware/software requirements, and estimating complex IT efforts
• Consults with internal departments to identify customer needs and include into project objectives.
• Provides support regarding software development to internal departments.
• BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
• IT project and management experience.
• Hands on Experience with Agile and related methodologies.
• Experience in working with fast paced, modern architecture using REST API’s, NO/SQL databases and actively participate in R&D on the new frameworks.
• Working experience using React, Spring boot, MongoDB or similar technologies.
• Strong analytical, communication and problem-solving skills.
• Proficiency in Software Development Best Practices (TDD/BDD, Unit test, Continuous Delivery, …)
• Working experience in a continuous integration development environment, preferably Jenkins.
• Good understanding of private or public cloud eco systems.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Desire to stay abreast of new development technologies and tools.
• Very good inter-personal skills and ability to work in a collaborative environment
• Ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies, frameworks and tools and support multiple concurrent activities and to interface with external / internal resources, working as a member of a matrix based diverse and geographically distributed project team.
• Ability to report to senior management with key data points and research.
• People Management.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Performance Management.
• High end Problem Solving/Analysis.
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-110114