MasterCard Lead Network Operation Analyst in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Lead Network Operation Analyst
This job demands L1 Application Support, Alert handling, Monitor application health check and involvement in any Event, Incident and Problem Management Process.
• Perform L1 Application Support services on a 24x7x365 basis.
• Email Based Alert Monitoring - Initial response & triage of alerts using SOP
• Validation of CRQ’s using Alerts or Dashboards
• Application Performance and Monitoring using Dashboards
• Problem Ticket creations & follow-ups for Alerts reductions
• Alerts/Volumetric reporting (Bi-weekly, Monthly)
• Participation in TRT/Bridge calls for Critical alert resolution
• Soft Skills & Situation Management over the phone call
• Contribution in Knowledge Management - create/update new or existing SOP
• Assign incidents generated by monitoring tools to corresponding application and support teams using SOPs.
• Escalate and engage Incident Requests and Change Requests to respective application teams using escalation matrix.
• Communicate and correlate any events triggered during a change window to corresponding application teams to ensure application availability.
• Regularly perform data analysis to determine Customer’s program performance and identify areas of improvement
• Increase quality of work through streamlining of processes, reducing alert counts, innovating wherever/whenever possible, and through various other continuous improvement opportunities.
• The approved service management tool(s) (e.g., Remedy) will serve all specific incidents, changes and service requests. Any requests outside the approved tool(s) will be discussed and mutually agreed upon between Customer and Cognizant.
• Person should be ready to work in Shifts.
Primary Skills -
• Basic understanding of UNIX scripting
• Experience on batch scheduling & Monitoring
• Basic understanding of SQL/Oracle or any other relational database
• Knowledge on tool monitoring (Splunk, Dynatrace & Omnibus)
• Effective problem and troubleshooting skills
• Knowledge of ITSM best practices
• Effective written and verbal communication skills
• Effective interpersonal skills.
Secondary skills (Good to have) -
• Knowledge of Mainframe skills – JCL, OPC/CA7 (Job Scheduler)
• Alert Tools – Xmatters , Nagios , Azure Monitor , IPMon, Zabbix
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-179610