MasterCard Java Developer, Software Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Java Developer, Software Engineering
Mastercard API Platform is a global group within Mastercard dedicated to publishing of Mastercard API services, and creation of new APIs services in the Open Banking and Fintech space
• Design and develop technical solutions and alternatives to meet business requirements in adherence with Mastercard standards, processes and best practices.
• Identify opportunity in developing Mastercard’s next generation Open Banking and Open Api solutions, creating new services and leveraging / bundling Mastercard’s vast array of existing services
• Perform Proofs of Concepts (PoCs) to assess and identify the technologies per the needs of the organization.
• Provide recommendation to Senior Management and lead on selection of technologies
• Develop documentation templates and enforce development of documentation throughout the lifecycle of the solution.
• Represent team in the information security and audit policies
• Provide SME experience for day-to-day system development and maintenance activities of the team.
All About You
• Proven track record of designing and delivering scalable software projects
• Passionate about delivering APIs and SDKs that are intuitive and make Developers lives easier
• Must be highly proficient in multiple programming languages preferably Java, Springboot
• Proven track record in web application development - multiple examples of solutions deployed where you were a lead or a key coder
• Experience in building commerce/payment applications can be an advantage
• You strive to create highly intuitive and responsive products.
• Expert understanding of software engineering concepts and methodologies
• Proactive and able to handle multiple high-priority demands while driving consistent results
• Highly driven with a ‘can do’ attitude yet a structured and pragmatic approach to execution
• Highly skilled in verbal and written communication skills with ability to precisely articulate problem space / opportunity
• Keen to embrace Mastercard’s values on decency and excited to bring ‘whole self’ to work everyday
Due to COVID-19, most of our employees are working from home. We’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video and are onboarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Requisition ID: R-129904