MasterCard Experience Researcher - Senior Specialist-2 in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Experience Researcher - Senior Specialist-2
At Mastercard, we believe that the future of our business depends on our ability to help our partners define and deliver great experiences. In support of that, we are driving a comprehensive Customer Experience & Design (CX&D) program within Foundry to drive the creation of new innovative products developed using customer centric strategic and design approaches.
The delivery of excellent customer experience requires a strong performing cross functional team, harnessing the skills of the UX disciplines: Research, Product Experience Design, Content Design, Experience Strategy, and more. The Experience Researcher is a key member of the team who is responsible for helping to define, shape and test strategies and great experiences for our customers and consumers.
• Are you a rising Experience Researcher with a passion for shaping and executing fit for purpose customer research?
• Are you observant, curious and passionate about helping build the best possible experience for customers?
• Do you thrive on unearthing actionable insights that drive strategic product and design decisions?
• Do you have a passion for understanding evolving behavioral shifts, exploring new verticals and innovating with new business models and technologies?
• Do you possess a high energy, can-do attitude?
• Do you want to be a part of a collaborative environment working across multiple geographies?
The ideal candidate is self-confident in executing against research plans, gathering insights through active listening and observation to validate hypotheses and concepts.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for executing methods such as: usability lab studies, ethnographic field studies, remote testing, competitive evaluations, participatory design sessions, surveys, heuristic evaluations, and other approaches based on need.
• Participate in all phases of the research, strategy and design process from framing the right problem to solve and defining the design target all the way through to defining the vision, and future state experience to the validation of concepts.
• Display understanding of what problem the team is trying to solve and can execute end-customer research activities to ensure research contributes to informed decision-making and implications for product team
• Follow simple to complex research plans to achieve research objectives, aligning with team goals to support decision-making and implications.
• Draft recruitment screeners, discussion guides and surveys for generative and evaluative research.
• Moderate in-person and remote one-on-one interview sessions. Ability to work with third party vendors to execute on research plans when needed.
• Apply critical thinking skills to analyze and synthesize findings without bias, recognizing patterns and themes that are formulated into compelling draft stories that articulate insights and implications.
• Apply a creative approach to problem solving.
• Manage timelines and input from design and business stakeholders and contribute to the product design and development process.
• Be open to new challenges and have a desire to develop as a researcher and learn new skills, while also codifying best practices.
All About You
• Practical experience in deploying qualitative and quantitative research methods throughout the product development life cycle from conceptualization to launch.
• Able to support findings with storytelling, usability, and cognitive principles. Strong oral and written skills.
• Approach research and design as an iterative process with users at its center.
• Familiar with Design Thinking and/or have worked on projects which were driven by Design Thinking methodologies.
• Possess a curiosity for cultural and technology trends, innovation, CX & Design and experience based thinking.
• Considered a collaborative and inclusive team player.
• Excited about the global evolution of consumer experiences in the world of payments, small business, online marketplaces, digital identity, consumer loyalty and beyond.
• Must be organized and able to switch between projects in a sometimes fast-paced and exciting environment.
• International travel on occasion may be required in this role.
• Excited about improving the world through “doing well by doing good”.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-179116