MasterCard Director, Software Engineering in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Director, Software Engineering
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments industry. Our mission is to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart, and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments, and businesses realize their greatest potential.
Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. With connections across more than 210 countries and territories, we are building a sustainable world that unlocks priceless possibilities for all.
Payment Networks is involved in developing cutting edge solutions to assist development of products within the Payments Eco-system.
• Analyze and create cutting edge solutions for switching solutions teams
• Manage relationship with various stakeholders - Business Owners, Testing Teams, Program Cabinet etc.
• Coordinate with other groups including vendors to ensure success of the project.
• Have you lead and managed a Product development team and used various development methodologies including Agile ( SAFe).
• Have you lead an end to end Agile (SAFe) development project?
• Do you have an understanding of Payment and Cards industry?
• Director managing new product development
• Experience in end – end solution and product architecture
• Understanding of Java, Spring Framework and experience leading multiple teams
• Cloud ( Pivotal Cloud Foundry), DNA ( Digital Native Architecture) experience is an added advantage
• Experience in Real Time Online System or Batch Processing is desirable
• Coordinate with various groups in MasterCard to ensure success of the projects
• Maintain and present project related metrics reporting for management review
• Lead initiatives for automation, defect metrics and overall quality initiatives
• Handle coordination between teams based in various locations
• Recommend strategic direction and policy changes.
• Advance operational and business concerns or issues relative to future business programs, projects, or enhancements that may affect consistent delivery of quality services.
All About You
• Manage 2 – 4 teams ( 10 – 15 people in each team) from conceptualization to implementation of a new product
• In depth Experience development applications in Java, Spring Boot
• Experience in online , real time application development / Batch / reporting tools
• Experience in CI and CD
• Involved and spearhead quality initiatives
• Experience in PCF (Pivotal Cloud Foundry) , Micro Services and DNA is desirable
• Strong Communicator
• Excellent Stake Holder Management
• Ability to guide people to implement the right solution
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-148057