MasterCard Database Engineer (Oracle) in Dublin, Ireland
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion (https://www.mastercard.us/en-us/vision/who-we-are/diversity-inclusion.html) for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Database Engineer (Oracle)
Who is Mastercard?
Mastercard is a global technology company in the payments sector. We power payments and provide products and services for individuals and industries all around the world. Our people, technology, data and brand provide the capabilities that drive our success. We believe in connecting people to priceless possibilities.
As a company, we know that our success is driven by the skills, experience, integrity and mindset of the talent we hire. By building an inclusive, world-class culture, our employees have once-in-a-career opportunities to be a part of teams that have a greater impact on our community and our world. We invite you to join our team to find out how you too can start something priceless.
Our team is looking for an Oracle Database Engineer to drive our customer experience strategy forward, by consistently innovating and problem-solving. The ideal candidate is passionate about the customer experience journey, highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset. Experience with Postgres is a bonus!
• Experience in configuring, patching, upgrading and/or optimizing database software and related products.
• Understand database security topics including database users, roles, and privileges.
• Intermediate skills in testing, diagnosing, and resolving database issues.
• Participates in the development, maintenance, testing, implementation and support of assigned database technologies and associated software products.
• Solid understanding with the creation and implementation of data definition language (DDL) to support development efforts.
• Partners with technology teams and customers to understand business needs and can communicate solutions in business terms with mentoring.
• Basic to intermediate performance and tuning skills with the ability to identify, respond and resolve database performance issues; communicates database performance resolution to technical teams.
• Successfully follow change management, problem management and incident management processes and procedures.
• May manage smaller project/initiatives with specialized knowledge within assigned discipline.
• Good written and verbal communication skills to promote Database Engineering in support of sound database structures, data governance, standards, and procedures to internal and external teams.
• Good documentation skills to contribute to Database Engineering processes and procedures.
• Ability to learn Mastercard best practices in planning, coordinating, implementing, and maintaining database solutions.
• Communicate, collaborate, and work effectively in a global environment.
• Ability to be on-call after hours and weekends.
• Intermediate knowledge of Oracle replication implementation (Golden Gate/DataGuard).
• Working knowledge of backup/recovery using RMAN.
• Working knowledge of Oracle RAC, Cluster Resource software and Oracle 12C/19C features.
We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we’re all in this together. In many locations, which may change over time, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in some locations, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated will be permitted inside Mastercard offices until further notice.
In the US, Mastercard is a government contractor, which may legally require most Mastercard employees to be vaccinated unless a verified approved medical or religious exemption is granted. Further, we are currently making every effort towards having employees return to work in the office 2 days per week, if that makes sense for their team. Everyone must be vaccinated to enter Mastercard offices at this time. Therefore, we expect all candidates to be vaccinated or to be approved for a medical or religious accommodation prior to commencing work at Mastercard.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.
Requisition ID: R-162852