MasterCard Senior Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Who is Mastercard?
We are the global technology company behind the world’s fastest payments processing network. We are a vehicle for commerce, a connection to financial systems for the previously excluded, a technology innovation lab, and the home of Priceless at https://www.priceless.com/ ®. We ensure every employee has the opportunity to be a part of something bigger and to change lives. We believe as our company grows, so should you. We believe in connecting everyone to endless, priceless possibilities.
Senior Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection
• Mastercard is committed to balancing innovation while protecting individual privacy and has embraced privacy and data protection as core to the successful execution of its business strategy
• As part of that commitment MasterCard has established a world-class privacy program and is currently adding talent to its global team
• The Senior Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection will lead the privacy integration of Mastercard’s recent Transfast acquisition, and ensure compliance with global privacy and data-related laws while enabling innovation
•The Senior Counsel will work as part of a cross-functional global team of privacy and data protection professionals dedicated to ensuring compliance while continuing to enable business solutions and innovation
• The position will report to Senior Managing Counsel, Privacy and Data Protection.
• Ensure alignment and compliance of Transfast with Mastercard’s policies, procedures and processes and with global privacy and data-related laws, including data localization, outsourcing, and open banking requirements.
• Support business colleagues and facilitate a privacy-by-design process to ensure privacy compliance is built into all data driven products
• Understand and distill complex global privacy & data protection laws, including GLBA, GDPR, PIPEDA, PSD2, FCRA and CCPA, and apply those concepts to challenging business and data constructs and processes
• Provide training to internal teams on data privacy, data protection, global privacy and regulatory developments, and how to implement Privacy by Design across Mastercard’s varied products and services.
• Perform detailed data flows and analyses of laws and regulations in collaboration with business units to enable business operations and assist in achieving major organizational goals
• Negotiate complex data-related agreements, quickly identifying the legal and strategic implications of contractual terms and conditions
• Strengthen partnerships across the enterprise to ensure data privacy and protection is a key factor considered in product development
• Appreciate the nexus between data privacy, data protection, and the use of data to advance major corporate strategic goals
All About You
• Bachelor’s degree required, Juris Doctor required
• CIPP certification preferred
• Privacy and data protection experience required
• Legal experience in interactive technology, product development, digital media or data driven products required
• Membership to a Bar
• Expertise in regulatory frameworks, including GLBA, GDPR, PIPEDA, PSD2, FCRA and CCPA, and familiarity with industry best practices for collection and use of data
• Understanding of financial services industry and payment processing in both the business-to-consumer and business-to-business context
• Familiarity with the broad range of cross border payments solutions.
• Creative thinker able to support innovation while still managing risk
• Motivated Self-starter with ability to excel at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
• Strong analytic capabilities and written and oral communication skills. Attention to detail is a must
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with proven experience in relationship building and partnering; must work well in both team and individual settings
• Ability to work well as part of a team of geographically dispersed highly skilled professionals
Mastercard is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer that considers applicants without regard to gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, disabled or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require accommodations or assistance to complete the online application process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the type of accommodation or assistance you are requesting. Do not include any medical or health information in this email. The Reasonable Accommodations team will respond to your email promptly.
Everyone wants easier ways to pay;
we invent them.
Checkout lines are slow;
we speed them along.
Merchants want more sales;
we give them data and insights.
People need financial access;
we connect them.
Corporate purchasing is complicated;
we make it simple.
Commuters are busy;
we speed them on their way.
Governments need greater efficiencies;
we help create them.
Small businesses are virtual;
we give them access to a world of buyers.
Retailers want to fight fraud;
we provide the tools.
Requisition ID: R-95560